Frank Lampard Thread

Kjbert

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 24, 2014
Staff Notice
You know we're pretty anal here about organization and such.
To prevent multiple threads about circular arguments regarding the Lamps fiasco all threads will be merged into this one.
Please respect this decision as it is in line with our Player Rumors, Schedule Discussion and so on.

I've done my fair share of b*tching about what happened with Frank. He is going to be here in July and the team will have to incorporate his talents.

A common theme that many of us have shared is that we are worried he will be exhausted from not having a break in 2 years.

MLS has a way of incorporating these older guys in new roles within a formation. Theirry Henry went from playing a Striker role to a 10 and then ended up playing as a LW this season for RBNY. Robbie Keane has moved around the pitch to become more of a facilitator, even Clint Dempsey became more facilitator than finisher this year.

I just wonder if Kreis/Reyna look at Frank as a Thierry Henry style #10. If you watched Henry the past two years, it seems as if he moved less than Robles. But he still made an impact on the game.

So here's to hoping they're able to utilize him while saving his legs for a Postseason run. And maybe to finding a box-to-box mid to do what Lampard used to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he is going to end up as a sub. The talent and play may be higher in the PL, but the amount of running is the same. If he cannot run for 90 minutes over there, there is no reason to think he will be able to here. Just keep him in England for gods sake

I think he is going to end up as a sub. The talent and play may be higher in the PL, but the amount of running is the same. If he cannot run for 90 minutes over there, there is no reason to think he will be able to here. Just keep him in England for gods sake

Yikes. If he's a sub, it's a waste of a DP. But that's what I'm asking. It was obvious that Henry couldn't fly up and down the field. Now, he still showed flashes in the playoffs, but just in spurts. Is there a spot in Kreis' formation for Lampard to do the same. I'm assuming they're not paying him $6 Million to be a super sub like Tim Cahill. But who knows anymore.

He's coming in July. That means he'll have had two months off after the PL season ended, so he'll be fresh for the end of the season.

That said, I see him being used similarly to in Manchester, with the possibility that the MLS competition will be somewhat less tiring for him, allowing him to play more like 75 minutes a game rather than 60. He'll only have to survive three months of the season, too, so he should reach the end of the season just as his legs are getting tired.

Remember that in the US you play half the number of games that English teams play, so part of the reason he's being held back so much here is because he has a game every three days to adjust to, which is hugely exhausting over time.

At this point I hope he never comes over. He's shown his true colors.

Kreis already thinks players who join midway have little impact. Wonder what he thinks about all this.

Plus, he's going to get booed to death, why even have an atmosphere like that.

At this point I hope he never comes over. He's shown his true colors.

Kreis already thinks players who join midway have little impact. Wonder what he thinks about all this.

Plus, he's going to get booed to death, why even have an atmosphere like that.

I'm first row right behind the bench. Plan on making giving him hell every game. I hope he's a sub, that means he has to sit there for 45-60 minutes a match while I call him names from right behind his back.

I'm first row right behind the bench. Plan on making giving him hell every game. I hope he's a sub, that means he has to sit there for 45-60 minutes a match while I call him names from right behind his back.
Plenty of ideas on youtube. Or you could wear a John Terry mask and have one buddy put a "biscuit" on the end of a fishing rod.

A harpoon would work, too. But it may not make it into the stadium.

ETA: Forget the biscuit. COOKIE BURGER!!!! CLASS!!!!

Reactions: adam
He's coming in July. That means he'll have had two months off after the PL season ended, so he'll be fresh for the end of the season.

That said, I see him being used similarly to in Manchester, with the possibility that the MLS competition will be somewhat less tiring for him, allowing him to play more like 75 minutes a game rather than 60. He'll only have to survive three months of the season, too, so he should reach the end of the season just as his legs are getting tired.

Remember that in the US you play half the number of games that English teams play, so part of the reason he's being held back so much here is because he has a game every three days to adjust to, which is hugely exhausting over time.
There is no way Lampard is coming to the U.S. in the summer & playing 75 minutes. He's never played in this weather and MLS is far far more aggressive. Wait until Jamison Olave or Aurellin Collin hip check him a few times. I think Gerrard might be due to the same probs.

I wonder what other fans reactions will be towards you when you start doing this. Will it make you feel better to be abusing one of your own players? Disgusting.

I wonder what other fans reactions will be towards you when you start doing this. Will it make you feel better to be abusing one of your own players? Disgusting.

This is New York. Fans boo our own players all the time.

In New York not showing your disapproval, is being a fake fan. We expect the best and not loving up to our exceptions means you won't be in New York for a long time.