Frank Lampard Thread

We don't boo our own. Just the opposition. Unless we lose the match and they played crap then we'd boo.

Let me see if I got this straight.

Fine to boo a player who had a bad game even though he played his butt off.

Disgusting to boo a player who says in front on all the fans and media that he signed with your team and can't wait to start playing here, and that the team ticked all the boxes, and then turns around and leaves them hanging so he can play with another team.

I guess that's how it's done in the UK. Got it.

Ok, so this is obviously a cultural difference. We have something here called a Bronx Cheer, look that up. We also are notorious in NY for giving our own players a hard time if they don't perform up to a large contract (especially if they came here from somewhere else) or if they do something negative to the fans or team. That's NY it comes with playing here. And there is a laundry list of players who have cracked under the pressure of NY sports. Some have even left to have great careers in smaller markets. It takes a special type of personality to excel in NY and if you're not up to the challenge, we're not going to coddle you. Some players refuse to play here because of it, and frankly we don't need 'em. If Fatso can't take NY and all that comes with it, we'll send him packing and look for someone who can. But we'll always love the team win or lose, even if our boos lead to loses, as long as you play tough and hard. In fact if Frank turns around and gives me the finger I might even laugh and cheer him on for a bit and acknowledge he's turning into a New Yorker. Then go right back to giving him shit by the time I finish my beer.
While he's at it he should look up the New York State Bird.

I think when Lampard comes, without even taking into consideration the whole debacle that has happened here, people expecting great things will be extremely disappointed.

As a Lampard fan since I was 10 years old I was so excited at the idea of being able to see him play for my club live in person. I didn't get season tickets solely because of Lampard, but it was definitely a large factor. With that said, I wasn't exactly excited to see Lampard dominate the league or even lead the team necessarily. I just genuinely wanted to see him play in person.

After playing the rest of the season with Manchester and coming over in July he is going to be extremely exhausted. His legs were going to begin with, and that is why Chelsea decided not to keep him. Yeah, it was him that rejected the contract, but Chelsea definitely could have offered more if Mourinho was serious about keeping him in his plans.

I believe when he comes over here he is going to have an extremely hard time with the heat of our summers and the intensity of the MLS. Last season with Chelsea the games Lampard played terrible in were the ones where he was hassled and pressed in the middle, his legs just couldn't keep up. I could be wrong, but I don't think the intensity is that much less in the MLS. And do keep in mind that at Chelsea he was often in midfield with players like David Luis, Ramires, and for the second half of the season Matic, all of which were able to cover a lot more ground than Lampard was, and he still couldn't keep up. I'm not sure he's going to get the same luxuries playing for our team.

Now clearly, he is one of, if not the most talented player in the league, but I'm not sure his legs will allow him to showcase it as much as people are hoping. There is no denying his talent for finding the right run late into the box and being an exceptional reader of the game, which works perfectly for him at City, but for our team to fire on all cylinders we need a Lampard that contributes more than that.

I'm hoping to be proved wrong, but thats my hunch.

I think when Lampard comes, without even taking into consideration the whole debacle that has happened here, people expecting great things will be extremely disappointed.

As a Lampard fan since I was 10 years old I was so excited at the idea of being able to see him play for my club live in person. I didn't get season tickets solely because of Lampard, but it was definitely a large factor. With that said, I wasn't exactly excited to see Lampard dominate the league or even lead the team necessarily. I just genuinely wanted to see him play in person.

After playing the rest of the season with Manchester and coming over in July he is going to be extremely exhausted. His legs were going to begin with, and that is why Chelsea decided not to keep him. Yeah, it was him that rejected the contract, but Chelsea definitely could have offered more if Mourinho was serious about keeping him in his plans.

I believe when he comes over here he is going to have an extremely hard time with the heat of our summers and the intensity of the MLS. Last season with Chelsea the games Lampard played terrible in were the ones where he was hassled and pressed in the middle, his legs just couldn't keep up. I could be wrong, but I don't think the intensity is that much less in the MLS. And do keep in mind that at Chelsea he was often in midfield with players like David Luis, Ramires, and for the second half of the season Matic, all of which were able to cover a lot more ground than Lampard was, and he still couldn't keep up. I'm not sure he's going to get the same luxuries playing for our team.

Now clearly, he is one of, if not the most talented player in the league, but I'm not sure his legs will allow him to showcase it as much as people are hoping. There is no denying his talent for finding the right run late into the box and being an exceptional reader of the game, which works perfectly for him at City, but for our team to fire on all cylinders we need a Lampard that contributes more than that.

I'm hoping to be proved wrong, but thats my hunch.

Plus, if the way that other teams treated Jermaine Jones is any indication, Frank will have a big target on his back for rough tackles and the like.

What he'll bring once Wank City has used his last legs.

@BxLio91 I let this go for a good week or so because the initial anger was justified and I was hoping that it would simply die out by itself, but it looks like you intend to keep using the phrase "W*nk City" as a more long-term thing. I get why you're doing it, but it's starting to grate on the minds of a few people here now and every time you post it you are baiting MCFC fans into lashing out in response, which is only going to kick off more confrontations, especially given the frequency that you use it. With respect, I think it's time to stop using that phrase now.

Reactions: Christian
Don't look up Cleveland Steamer though

Its known.
vizannual2012.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ue-response-new-york-city-fc?CMP=share_btn_tw

I know this is another thread on the issue, but I think this is important news that just confirms our fears, especially this bit:

“The Premier League has sought and received assurances from Manchester City that there is no agreement in place between the Club or City Football Group with New York City FC relating to the player.”

So I'm misunderstanding, according to the EPL, there is no deal with NYCFC. This means that when Lampard ends his season at MCFC, he can extended with them, sign with another club, or decide to play for NYCFC. This thing with NYCFC must be a verbal agreement. Looks like NYCFC is hoping for the best.

Imagine the shit-storm if he decides to not come? This is just ridiculous on so many levels.

Guess it depends which side of the fence you're on. Since I'm riding the "Stay Home Frankie" train, this doesn't bother me in the least.

I'm on the same train, hope he doesn't show up, but this just makes NYCFC look even more foolish. How do they not have an agreement in place? It's just a joke. It's all clear now. MCFC wanted him from the start, and they told NYCFC they can get him when they're done with him. In their excitement, NYCFC got carried away and went and told the world.

Guess it depends which side of the fence you're on. Since I'm riding the "Stay Home Frankie" train, this doesn't bother me in the least.

Yeah but it depends how it happens. I would love if NYCFC could say "You're not about what we want to represent as a club, we no longer require your services." That would make us look strong and probably earn us some positive press on both sides of the pond.

If they try being all hush hush again and Frank says "I don't want to play in your shitty league anyway," then we look weaker than ever.

Reactions: Paul and Drainyoo
I think he is going to come when the season ends and Frank, as well as both clubs, are both going to act like nothing happened and that Frank returning in July is going to uplift our entire team and the league. And que the Gerrard vs Lampard story lines as we approach the Galaxy game.

I would rather he stays home, but this is likely housekeeping by CFG. He can't have a deal with two clubs. If he had a deal to play in **** city AND NYCFC, it would be against rules. So they have to say there is no deal with NYC to avoid that.

Its all sheisty, but I don;t think it really means anything. Of course thats what I thought about not seeing Franks salary in that MLS salary dump too.