Frank Lampard Thread

Tevez went off on a 3 month golfing holiday after refusing to come on in a game against Bayern Munich for us. Did fans boo him when he came back. No.
You'll find it hard to attract players if you pull that sort of loutish behaviour. Booing them If the lose heavily is deemed acceptable but other than that it has to be a massive no no.

Tevez went off on a 3 month golfing holiday after refusing to come on in a game against Bayern Munich for us. Did fans boo him when he came back. No.
You'll find it hard to attract players if you pull that sort of loutish behaviour. Booing them If the lose heavily is deemed acceptable but other than that it has to be a massive no no.
Oh you mean players who are soft. If a player isn't playing will if a player (like Lampard) does something to anger the fans. We will boo that's New York take it or leave it.

So booing your own players will achieve what exactly? Boost the teams morale? Gee the guy who is being booed on to a better performance? Or put pressure on an already struggling player or team?

Reactions: AndreT_NY
Reactions: AndreT_NY
So booing your own players will achieve what exactly? Boost the teams morale? Gee the guy who is being booed on to a better performance? Or put pressure on an already struggling player or team?
Well gee the Yankees have been booed they have won 27 world series titles, the giants have been booed they have won multiple super bowls, other teams have lost. The weak get torn apart here.

Reactions: Gene

In this scenario. I would like Frank to go home after 2015 season and open up the DP slot for a player who 1. Can play 90 minutes, and 2. Wants to be here. Fair enough?

Reactions: franchise646
In this scenario. I would like Frank to go home after 2015 season and open up the DP slot for a player who 1. Can play 90 minutes, and 2. Wants to be here. Fair enough?

I can understand that. Although If I were you I'd wait to see what Frank brings to the pitch. You may well be begging him to stay when you see what he can do. Equally you maybe sending him packing but.....

What lovely fans you're going to make. Lol

You might not understand what this means, but I'm also an Islanders, Jets, and Nets fan for over 30 years.

We obviuosly have some cultural differences but I don't feel any need to defend my fandom past that statement.

So you agree with every decision Manchester City has ever made? Or you just support whatever they do without judgement? Sounds like you're a really engaged fan ...

I'm an extremely engaged fan and I love pretty much everything that has happened to my club. Some things have saddened me yes but not enough for me to turn on the team or a player. Christ people get lambasted by the majority of fans If you don't stand by your team. The opposition give us enough crap without us turning against our own.

I'm an extremely engaged fan and I love pretty much everything that has happened to my club. Some things have saddened me yes but not enough for me to turn on the team or a player. Christ people get lambasted by the majority of fans If you don't stand by your team. The opposition give us enough crap without us turning against our own.

Ok, so this is obviously a cultural difference. We have something here called a Bronx Cheer, look that up. We also are notorious in NY for giving our own players a hard time if they don't perform up to a large contract (especially if they came here from somewhere else) or if they do something negative to the fans or team. That's NY it comes with playing here. And there is a laundry list of players who have cracked under the pressure of NY sports. Some have even left to have great careers in smaller markets. It takes a special type of personality to excel in NY and if you're not up to the challenge, we're not going to coddle you. Some players refuse to play here because of it, and frankly we don't need 'em. If Fatso can't take NY and all that comes with it, we'll send him packing and look for someone who can. But we'll always love the team win or lose, even if our boos lead to loses, as long as you play tough and hard. In fact if Frank turns around and gives me the finger I might even laugh and cheer him on for a bit and acknowledge he's turning into a New Yorker. Then go right back to giving him shit by the time I finish my beer.

F@#% child
Lets all thank David Villa for the way he has been so far. Jersey event stayed all day and smiled in every picture. All the other events hes been to first class. The Christmas Video - all those guys kicked ass_ how happy and fun did they seem?
You do not understand the US or NY mindset if you think you are above anything. I would clean the floor with a brush if I thought it was my job. i would rather watch Players who give their heart to the game and are marginal than a bunch of pumped up strutting ego crazy MFers
If a player in the US thought it was an insult to come off the bench i would boo him and i have never booed a player on my team.

Reactions: BxLio91