Game Of Thrones (spoilers)

I kinda wonder if the dragon dying was a TV plot or GRRM plot??? It makes for great TV intrigue but I'm having a hard time thinking GRRM planned for a dragon flying really fast to be taken down by an ice spear thrown from across the lake. And the TV kept making it look like the Night King was gonna throw it at Dany and her dragon since it was only about 20m away.

Two other questions, was Jorah fighting with two dragon glass daggers?

Those cuts on Jon looked fresh. Did he sustain wounds when dragged under the water, or are those non-healed wounds from when the nightswatch stabbed him?

the woulds were from when the nightwatch stabbed him. it let Dany know he really did get stabbed in the heart and it wasnt just some Ser Davos metaphore

I kinda wonder if the dragon dying was a TV plot or GRRM plot??? It makes for great TV intrigue but I'm having a hard time thinking GRRM planned for a dragon flying really fast to be taken down by an ice spear thrown from across the lake. And the TV kept making it look like the Night King was gonna throw it at Dany and her dragon since it was only about 20m away.

Those cuts on Jon looked fresh. Did he sustain wounds when dragged under the water, or are those non-healed wounds from when the nightswatch stabbed him?
Nightswatch stabbing wounds, showed Dany that he really did die. Looked fresh probably because they never closed the wounds on a presumed dead guy.

[EDIT] J Joseph Bianco beat me to it.

Reactions: Ulrich

I am assuming they are all using dragon glass weapons besides Jon who is using Valyrian steel and Beric who is using the flaming sword. Not counting Gendry's since he didn't really fight any wights.

Reactions: Ulrich
Why is everyone trying to bring realism into this show all of a sudden? They were waking through a damn blizzard without hats or hoods!

I think people are also underestimating the communication/greenseeing by Bran and the Night King.

Why is everyone trying to bring realism into this show all of a sudden? They were waking through a damn blizzard without hats or hoods!

I think people are also underestimating the communication/greenseeing by Bran and the Night King.

Jon came back from the dead and were complaining he didnt get hypothermia lol

I was bothered by the chains, but bothered even more that they have a battalion of divers that rigged the chains around the dragon. FFS, the entire army was terrified of breaking through the ice and sinking in the freezing water, so much so that they waited out an entire night (or more) for the lake to refreeze, and these are the same dead soldiers that took a hundred foot plunge off a cliff at HardHome so they are kinda fearless but the freezing water freaked the Fck out of them, but all of a sudden there they are with a plethora of volunteers braving the water with the knowhow to rig a dragon up.

It was way too contrived for me. And I stand by my previous post, that I was asked to erase, that the moment a wight dragon breathes flame, they should die. Dragon fire kills wights, then the flame is created in its belly or some other organ that would Fck it up as an undead.

Yeah, for me, that was a jump the shark episode.
Bruh, don't get me started. Outside of the Tormund funny banter I thought the episode sucked ass due to inconsistent logic. It reeks of lazy writing and falls into contrives tropes that every other show on tv is doing, and is the exact opposite of why people loved this show for avoiding. Clearly the script it out of GRRM's hands and is in some hacks. Putting a lovable character in danger then pulling him out miraculously and completely unharmed, nah, that's Disney bullshit. If GRRM was writing Tormund would be dead and we'd all be shocked talking about it. But clearly some producer was like, nope he needs to live cause we can milk the whole ross/rachael thing he's got going on with brienne.

Benjen coming out of absolutely nowhere (!) to save jon, shut up. Not getting on the horse with him so he could buy him all of what 10 seconds with his lame ass attempt to fight (which lets be honest was lazy writing to clean up his loose end story), shut up. No pursuit of jon when they are only like a 10 minute jog to the wall (as seen by gendrey message), shut up.

And then like you said, who whole standoff for hours for zero reason to buy time for the miracle rescue that anyone could see coming, but no one should have because travel has become so fucking inconsistent. Dragons aren't boeing 747s, nor are ravens. The raven to dragon stone and then the flight back to the wall shouldn't be only a few hours. Traveling across a major continent has become warp speed and its lame. Or they really did wait days on that ice only to step on when a 3lbs rock gave them confidence it would hold. hacks! The dragon death was the only attempt to make the trip feel like a loss a la GRRM, but wtf was that magic spear toss that one shot a dragon, which btw he took his sweat ass time setting up for.

Its just like the walking dead, the show was awesome when the rules were the zombies are a ravenous horde that would chase you down and bite you anyway they could, but after the cast gets set the writers put them into an impossible corner only to slow the zombies to a crawl and make them forget how to bite. Ending fucking episode with a character under a zombie pile only for them to wiggle out fine. Only every once and a while do they kill off a semi-marketable fringe character in a shockingly brutal way for effect, but its hard to believe when just the other day a main character could sneak through a cluster just as long as he was quite. Worse thing about this show is they just keep recycling the cast by finding new survivors and doing this over and over. There really is no end game to this show.

When illogical stuff happens it pulls me out of the mystique of the show and makes me think about the writing staff behind the scenes pulling the strings. Stick to the rules of the environment and don't cut corners.

But in the end it doesn't matter what I think. They are writing the show for mass appeal. And I suppose middle America doesn't care so long as they get some dragon screen time.

Last edited:
Bruh, don't get me started. Outside of the Tormund funny banter I thought the episode sucked ass due to inconsistent logic. It reeks of lazy writing and falls into contrives tropes that every other show on tv is doing, and is the exact opposite of why people loved this show for avoiding. Clearly the script it out of GRRM's hands and is in some hacks. Putting a lovable character in danger then pulling him out miraculously and completely unharmed, nah, that's Disney bullshit. If GRRM was writing Tormund would be dead and we'd all be shocked talking about it. But clearly some producer was like, nope he needs to live cause we can milk the whole ross/rachael thing he's got going on with brienne.

Benjen coming out of absolutely nowhere (!) to save jon, shut up. Not getting on the horse with him so he could buy him all of what 10 seconds with his lame ass attempt to fight (which lets be honest was lazy writing to clean up his loose end story), shut up. No pursuit of jon when they are only like a 10 minute jog to the wall (as seen by gendrey message), shut up.

And then like you said, who whole standoff for hours for zero reason to buy time for the miracle rescue that anyone could see coming, but no one should have because travel has become so fucking inconsistent. Dragons aren't boeing 747s, nor are ravens. The raven to dragon stone and then the flight back to the wall shouldn't be only a few hours. Traveling across a major continent has become warp speed and its lame. Or they really did wait days on that ice only to step on when a 3lbs rock gave them confidence it would hold. hacks! The dragon death was the only attempt to make the trip feel like a loss a la GRRM, but wtf was that magic spear toss that one shot a dragon, which btw he took his sweat ass time setting up for.

Its just like the walking dead, the show was awesome when the rules were the zombies are a ravenous horde that would chase you down and bite you anyway they could, but after the cast gets set the writers put them into an impossible corner only to slow the zombies to a crawl and make them forget how to bite. Ending fucking episode with a character under a zombie pile only for them to wiggle out fine. Only every once and a while do they kill off a semi-marketable fringe character in a shockingly brutal way for effect, but its hard to believe when just the other day a main character could sneak through a cluster just as long as he was quite. Worse thing about this show is they just keep recycling the cast by finding new survivors and doing this over and over. There really is no end game to this show.

When illogical stuff happens it pulls me out of the mystic of the show and makes me think about the writing staff behind the scenes pulling the strings. Stick to the rules of the environment and don't cut corners.

But in the end it doesn't matter what I think. They are writing the show for mass appeal. And I suppose middle America doesn't care so long as they get some dragon screen time.

how do you really feel about it though?

When illogical stuff happens it pulls me out of the mystic of the show and makes me think about the writing staff behind the scenes pulling the strings. Stick to the rules of the environment and don't cut corners.

I think it was Vanity Fair that ripped the show apart after Sunday, for all the reasons a few of us have pointed out. They firmly believe the producers are hacking their way to closure because they can't recreate the deep writing and nuances that GRRM is known for.

Reactions: adam and Rimil
I think it was Vanity Fair that ripped the show apart after Sunday, for all the reasons a few of us have pointed out. They firmly believe the producers are hacking their way to closure because they can't recreate the deep writing and nuances that GRRM is known for.

in actuality i think everything is moving so fast because it needs to. There's only 7 episodes left total, and a lot of story to finish.

Reactions: joe
in actuality i think everything is moving so fast because it needs to. There's only 7 episodes left total, and a lot of story to finish.
Nobody had to pigeonhole the show to finish on such a short timeline - thats the producers/HBO dictating the timeline rather than the story, so if they signed off on it, they own the fact they've bastardized what had been the best show on TV.

Nobody had to pigeonhole the show to finish on such a short timeline - thats the producers/HBO dictating the timeline rather than the story, so if they signed off on it, they own the fact they've bastardized what had been the best show on TV.

they technically never said how long they waited for things to happen... they could have been waiting on that rock for a week. or Thoros could have died overnight, we really dont know.

I think it was budget. They chose fewer episodes with better effects over the opposite.

Running more episodes doesn't pay for itself, especially without commercials. Even successful shows on networks with commercials get too expensive to continue because the actors end up making more and more money with every contract renewal.

they technically never said how long they waited for things to happen... they could have been waiting on that rock for a week. or Thoros could have died overnight, we really dont know.
Unless a raven has supersonic speed, along with dragons, it's safe to assume they were standing there for a while.

Unless a raven has supersonic speed, along with dragons, it's safe to assume they were standing there for a while.

clyrrmijk3hz.jpg

I think it was budget. They chose fewer episodes with better effects over the opposite.

Running more episodes doesn't pay for itself, especially without commercials. Even successful shows on networks with commercials get too expensive to continue because the actors end up making more and more money with every contract renewal.
I don't think Picasso ever ruined a painting by substituting crappy paint for the last corner of the canvas because money was tight. He found a way to make the whole painting mesh together.

I am assuming they are all using dragon glass weapons besides Jon who is using Valyrian steel and Beric who is using the flaming sword. Not counting Gendry's since he didn't really fight any wights.
Dragonglass does not have any particular effect on the wights -- only the white walkers.