Giving People What They Want

CP_Scouse

Registered
Mar 27, 2014
Queens
BACKSTORY: last Friday my school held a local derby with our rival school. the home supporters were on one side of the basketball court, and on the other side was the other schools' supporters. both groups were going at it, chanting at each other. it sounded like a soccer match (with only the same chant with different words added). upon coming to school today i asked my friends what they thought of the atmosphere at the game. they all said they enjoyed it. i showed them a video of atmospheres in the EPL and that too got them a bit excited. then i told them about NYCFC and they said they would definitely go to games.

now what im trying to say here is: by ditching the English style way of supporting, you isolate fans.
  1. When you add the drums and the horns, you take away a fans opportunity to participate, why would you be loud if there is a drum and trumpet doing it for you?
  2. why be like EVERY other MLS supporter?
  3. isnt new york all about being different? and creating new trends?

Reactions: LostAnvil
Why cant we be a mix ;)
616091_heroa.jpg

Mix?

You're fighting a losing battle. It is inevitable that there will be heavy American influences in gameday atmosphere. Even if Third Rail sticks to the English style, there are other supporters groups who may want to use drums and horns.

I would suggest getting in with the supporter groups and making your case there.

You're fighting a losing battle. It is inevitable that there will be heavy American influences in gameday atmosphere. Even if Third Rail sticks to the English style, there are other supporters groups who may want to use drums and horns.

I would suggest getting in with the supporter groups and making your case there.
this issue needs to be seen by more than just support groups.

You cant push or expect a style, it will evolve to become your own.
It might start off as mayhem but eventually it will settle as people see ideas work and the most popular will rise.
There will be ones you have no feeling for, stupid songs that take off and good ones, for whatever reason, will fall.
The songs will reflect your experiences as you go along.
I'll bet you now, it wont be what your thinking.

Reactions: LostAnvil
but dont you feel that the drums kinda ruin it for the people who dont know the chants?
Not at all, the drums give you a beat to follow. Even if you don't what is being sung you have a beat you have rhythm, New York is a place with soul if this is a true New York team then lets show our soul.

drums are a vital part in creating a loud and organized atmosphere and If it's just one drummer it's shouldn't be a problem. It's all about the organization

Me being Latino and a big bundesliga fan I'm all in for drums they have the best support check out some dortmund fan videos or San Lorenzo form Argentina