Great Atmosphere For The Seattle Game

I don't know, personally I don't feel obliged to pretend everything's awesome 100% of the time just because I sit in the supporters section. The fans feed off the players and vice versa. There are good nights and bad nights, but hey, that's football. I'm glad for the positivity though.

If you aren't going to verbally support the team for 90 minutes then please don't get tickets in the supporters section. No one is expecting you to pretend that everything is okay but you are expected to offer encouragement for things to get better. There are plenty of other spots to sit in the stadium if you only want to show your support when the team is doing good. When one person loses energy they drain the energy from those around them. This is okay and understandable for other sections but not for the the designated supporters sections.
One does not call themselves a Supporter, Ultra or 12th man for fun.

If you aren't going to verbally support the team for 90 minutes then please don't get tickets in the supporters section. No one is expecting you to pretend that everything is okay but you are expected to offer encouragement for things to get better. There are plenty of other spots to sit in the stadium if you only want to show your support when the team is doing good. When one person loses energy they drain the energy from those around them. This is okay and understandable for other sections but not for the the designated supporters sections.
One does not call themselves a Supporter, Ultra or 12th man for fun.

If you think I'm only interested in supporting the team when the team is doing well you're mistaken. Like I said, I enjoy the positivity, but in my own mind there's a line between robotic enthusiasm and genuine support for the team.

I'm quite happy with my season ticket in the supporters section, thanks very much. For the record, it's never a good look when people start lecturing as to what makes a 'real' fan.

If you think I'm only interested in supporting the team when the team is doing well you're mistaken. Like I said, I enjoy the positivity, but in my own mind there's a line between robotic enthusiasm and genuine support for the team.

I'm quite happy with my season ticket in the supporters section, thanks very much. For the record, it's never a good look when people start lecturing as to what makes a 'real' fan.

And that's the bottom line.

I'm not lecturing about what a real fan is, I'm stating what type of behavior should be encouraged in the Supporters Section. Also at no time did I encourage "robotic enthusiasm" and I am not sure why you interpreted it that way.

I'll take booing the opposite goalie's kicks, away teams subs, FKs or PKs or ref calls for them than the fucking awful puto chants. Come on NYC, we're better than that.
Yes, we are soo much better. We cuss and swear with our chants in English. Clearly this is much better than a vulgar chant in Spanish. (Insert a very sarcastic voice)

Reactions: Gene
I'm not lecturing about what a real fan is, I'm stating what type of behavior should be encouraged in the Supporters Section. Also at no time did I encourage "robotic enthusiasm" and I am not sure why you interpreted it that way.

"Verbally supporting the team for 90 minutes", on punishment of being evicted from the hallowed supporters section, seems a bit robotic to me. Are there any (human) fans who do this anywhere in the world?

I wouldn't dare tell someone who's supported the team from the very beginning which section they should or shouldn't sit in, so I'm not surprised you're backtracking.

Agreed that they're both offensive, but they're not the same. Hearing some cursing and being insulted aren't the same experience, and our fans shouldn't have to hear slurs from fellow supporters

Reactions: Goodfella
Ehh, but how do we stop that Puto chant....we can bitch about it all we want but how do we stop it?

Reactions: Mario
We started yelling Grimace at Seattle's keeper because he was all in purple and reminded me of Grimace from the old McDonalds commercials - What is grimace anyway? a diseased chicken nugget?

Attachments

• latest.jpg
    latest.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Yell something else? And not lead with the Heeeeeeeyyyyy.

I agree. Just changing the word won't help because as long as we do the Heeeeeeeyyy build up, people in other sections are going to hear that and end it with puto.

We could embrace the baseball stadium thing and go with: Hey batter, batter. Hey batter, batter. Swing!

We started yelling Grimace at Seattle's keeper because he was all in purple and reminded me of Grimace from the old McDonalds commercials - What is grimace anyway? a diseased chicken nugget?

I believe he is some kind of alien lump creature, but it could be worse. The Hamburglar is apparently a rapist now...
150506173926-hamburglar-betty-fkin-white-780x439.png

Ehh, but how do we stop that Puto chant....we can bitch about it all we want but how do we stop it?

i brought it up in the TR forums, to raise the awareness of the problem, possibly spark some kind of movement. if anyone can stop the puto chant, it'll be the supporter group

Reactions: JayH