Hi Guys!

LawsonJM)

Registered
Donor
Jun 8, 2014
Hey guys, How's it going?

Im Matt, 21 & from england. I have been keeping track of the MLS for a while & I enjoy watching it on ESPN over here. The expansion will add another dimention to the league & add so much more competition. I have been looking into the background of the club & im fascinated by the responce of the fans & how many people hate red bulls!

For me, another team in new york is perfect & its clear alot of other people think so. playing at yankee stadium for the first year or even the first few years is a possibility, is perfect too me. When people think of NY over here, they usually think of the Yankee's & once the 2015 season kicks off it will be NYCFC & the Yankee's that will come to peoples mind. The signing of David Villa is amazing, he has been one of the most outstanding european strikers in recent years & for him to be your first signing marks clear intentions of what the club is about.

Some people over here are starting too piss me off when they discuss NYCFC, they basically assume because the links to Man City, you would automatically become a feeder team, which in my own opinion isnt true. The club has its own identity & own ideas on how the club wants to grow & how they will go when it comes to the recruitment side of things. Dont get me wrong, im not saying that the link to Man City is a bad thing, but people seem to forget that the Sheikh own more than City, with him buying stakes in Melbourne Heart, now Melbourne city, A J-League side & apparently, one in the UAE.

Im sorry this is long but i just wanted too share my thoughts with you guys. I am excited & am looking forward to seeing what the future holds for this football club.

Matt :)

Welcome mate, whereabouts in England are you? There's a few of us on here.

As for the MCFC stuff - it's been debated at some length on here, and broadly we are in agreement, though I think the argument hasn't burned out fully quite yet. I don't think the club really has anything to worry about in this respect - it's just exciting to watch a club literally build itself up from nothing and actually make these calls. It's not something we really get to experience in England.

Welcome mate, whereabouts in England are you? There's a few of us on here.

As for the MCFC stuff - it's been debated at some length on here, and broadly we are in agreement, though I think the argument hasn't burned out fully quite yet. I don't think the club really has anything to worry about in this respect - it's just exciting to watch a club literally build itself up from nothing and actually make these calls. It's not something we really get to experience in England.
Thank you mate, I'm from Leeds! Yourself?
Its something that excites me, like you said, its not something that happens very much here. even if it does its straight into the conference or something like that. Never the highest domestic league. Im looking forward to watching this club grow & progress

I'm in Herts, myself.

Even in the Conference, when you get new teams they're all phoenix teams made by fans of clubs which have gone out of business. Even the accursed Franchise F.C., MK Dons, were built on the back of an existing team, even if their fans largely started from new. It's going to be fascinating seeing NYCFC's first matches.

I'm in Herts, myself.

Even in the Conference, when you get new teams they're all phoenix teams made by fans of clubs which have gone out of business. Even the accursed Franchise F.C., MK Dons, were built on the back of an existing team, even if their fans largely started from new. It's going to be fascinating seeing NYCFC's first matches.
Yeah, I agree. Now BT Sport & ESPN are the same company, I hope they can come too an agreement with the MLS to broadcast most of the matches. I already have the MLS Season pass but it would be great too see more of the MLS on an english sports channel

Hey guys, How's it going?

Im Matt, 21 & from england. I have been keeping track of the MLS for a while & I enjoy watching it on ESPN over here. The expansion will add another dimention to the league & add so much more competition. I have been looking into the background of the club & im fascinated by the responce of the fans & how many people hate red bulls!

For me, another team in new york is perfect & its clear alot of other people think so. playing at yankee stadium for the first year or even the first few years is a possibility, is perfect too me. When people think of NY over here, they usually think of the Yankee's & once the 2015 season kicks off it will be NYCFC & the Yankee's that will come to peoples mind. The signing of David Villa is amazing, he has been one of the most outstanding european strikers in recent years & for him to be your first signing marks clear intentions of what the club is about.

Some people over here are starting too piss me off when they discuss NYCFC, they basically assume because the links to Man City, you would automatically become a feeder team, which in my own opinion isnt true. The club has its own identity & own ideas on how the club wants to grow & how they will go when it comes to the recruitment side of things. Dont get me wrong, im not saying that the link to Man City is a bad thing, but people seem to forget that the Sheikh own more than City, with him buying stakes in Melbourne Heart, now Melbourne city, A J-League side & apparently, one in the UAE.

Im sorry this is long but i just wanted too share my thoughts with you guys. I am excited & am looking forward to seeing what the future holds for this football club.

Matt :)

Welcome aboard Matt, it's great having so much support coming from England for NYC FC.