Home - 10/23 Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I just noticed your #starteirik sig, with the bolding I get a very Cato the Elder vibe; really like it.

Can you explain that reference? I took Gulati's Principles of Economics class at Columbia but I didn't take Literarary Humanities.

Can you explain that reference? I took Gulati's Principles of Economics class at Columbia but I didn't take Literarary Humanities.

It's a Latin reference. Cato the Elder was a Roman statesman who stated at the end of every speech, Carthago delenda est, furthermore I am of the opinion that Carthage must be destroyed. It didn't matter what Cato was talking about grain prices, politics, or debating on the senate; every speech ended with Carthago delenda est.

Last edited:
The lineup we need...

-----McNamara--Villa--Harrison------
------------Pirlo------Lampard----------
-------------------Iraola-------------------
--Mataritta--Chanot--Brillant--Allen--
-------NOT JOSH SAUNDERS----------

But Mataritta is injured now, Chanot was on the bench vs. DC, Allen was injured before the DC game, and we don't know Lampard's status. So the lineup I think we'll get, as of 10/16...

-----Harrison---Villa---Mendoza------
-------------Pirlo-----McNamara------
------------------Iraola------------------
-Martinez--Chanot--Brillant--Mena-
-Vieira should pay for my therapy...-

Last edited:
Reactions: adam and SayWhat44
The lineup we need...

But Mataritta is injured now, Chanot was on the bench vs. DC, Allen was injured before the DC game, and we don't know Lampard's status. So the lineup I think we'll get, as of 10/16...

-----Harrison---Vila---Mendoza------
TMac is really poor when he plays in the middle. Everybody says he's a Centeal Mid, but he never plays like a guy that can control a game from there. Today it was like he wasn't even there until he shifted up to the left wing. I'd rather Harrison play middle to add a dimension of speed and dribbling and leave TMac at LW where he's played his best all year.

TMac is really poor when he plays in the middle. Everybody says he's a Centeal Mid, but he never plays like a guy that can control a game from there. Today it was like he wasn't even there until he shifted up to the left wing. I'd rather Harrison play middle to add a dimension of speed and dribbling and leave TMac at LW where he's played his best all year.
They only say he's a central mid because he's smart and slow. I think his lack of athletic ability hampers him inside where there's too much traffic buy he's intelligent enough to put himself in good spots in space when he plays out wide.

Reactions: Ulrich
A win is needed here hopefully a resounding one too so we can carry some momentum into the playoffs. I think we'll need the extra week to get a little more healthy.

The key for this match is to finish ahead of Toronto for 2nd place and the coveted bye through the first round. We are one point up as it stands.

We will get 2nd place in every scenario where either (1) we win or (2) they fail to win. So, the only way we end up in 3rd is if they win and we don't.

That said, Toronto is hosting Chicago and will probably have Giovinco back, so we have to assume they win. That means we have to win.

Totally agree with this. Either Jack or Mendoza is okay with me, but otherwise we still have huge gaps in the MF and cannot play the ball forward through the MF.

• 2016 commemorative posters will be given out to the first 10,000 fans in attendance.
Last year the poster contained Villa, Lampard, Pirlo, Mix, and Poku. We know the fate of Mix and Poku. So who will be the five players on the poster and who will be cursed?

I'm thinking Villa, Pirlo, Mix, McNamara, and Harrison...God save them

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
The lineup we need...

-----Harrison---Vila---Mendoza------
When Chanot signed, he was heralded as a CB who can play RB. He's obviously a better proposition than Mena at either, but I wonder if having him at RB and Mena at CB is the least bad configuration that involves Mena.

Let's just hope that RJ makes a comeback.

I'd rather have Mendoza in the middle than Tommy. For some reason he seems to do much better there.

Someone on r/NYCFC was kind enough to have saved and posted the information regarding attending 16 matches before the final games. I emailed my rep yesterday (with the photo) and he doesn't know what's going on about it. I'll follow up with any details.

View attachment 5988
Did you or Seth hear back from the team?

Nope.

I bet they had planned for the fans that attended all the games this season be involved in the Shirts Off the Backs ceremony. But they forgot so they did the Cityzens vote for the fans instead and since people have emailed them since they're scrambling to do something.

I bet we're just presented on the field before the game or at halftime or something silly.

I'll follow up.

Reactions: NYCFCfan

So apparently you had to scan all the seats on your account for all the games. So because some Legends seats were unused, I am not on the list...

What it exactly is...still don't have a clear picture, just being on the field at some point for some duration.

I'm partial to The Dugout. It's across the street from Yankee Stadium, if it's your first time at Yankee Stadium you could always show up early and get some players to sign a shirt for you near Gate 4, then head over to the bar for a drink. Go into the stadium around 3:30, have a walk around, check out monument park and head to your seats.
Mr Bridger If you are planning on getting player signature before that match, it's at gate 2.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Must win match ... A mid week single elimimation playoff during the busiest week of earnings season would not be ideal for our Cup chances nor for attendance. Kids in school and equity analysts would be under represented in the crowd. For an NYC based team those are significant sub segments of the fan base.

Trying to figure out what to spend my points on for this last match. All that's really interesting, I guess, is the auction for the post-match presser or the sweepstakes to watch from Patricof's box.

So apparently you had to scan all the seats on your account for all the games. So because some Legends seats were unused, I am not on the list...

What it exactly is...still don't have a clear picture, just being on the field at some point for some duration.
Well that's pretty shitty.

Reactions: wolfehr
Patricof's box.
hehe
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.