Home - 11/06 Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This roster is a win now roster. Win this year roster. With the age of the core of the success of the team, I don't think we'll be as close to MLS Cup as we are now with this group in 2017.
I disagree. You take Lampard and sign a young dp with pace to help connect the midfield. Take Mix and sign 1 very good RB or another strong midfielder. Or multiple players. Just by getting rid of the mix contract (under appropriate circumstances) we can improve our lineup. If chanot and brilliant are healthy I think we are fine at CB.
We are sitting on multiple 150,000+ contracts that barely see the field. That's troubling. Those are started salaries in the MLS. So there's a lot of room to improve.
As much as I would have hated it last year I also say we should bring in some academy players from MCFC.

I have very little faith we pull this off. This game and even the last game of the season (sorry but we lucked out) only further proved that we are a mediocre team with no depth and very poor roster construction.
Beginning of the season we played excellent possession football, threw it all away to play God knows what and here we are today with a team that can't pass, can't possess, can't defend, can't create chances regularly and can't capitalize.
Very Cold Words from the Boss of this forum! But you sure love to be the bad guy trust me people I know this well! So as long as we have Our Batman .Tommy, Jack , and Lurch . We Have Hope Mr Debby Downer !! How could I Ms one track mind Pirlo think better of this team than you? WOW ! I still say Go NYCFC LETS DO THIS FKN THING!!

I disagree. You take Lampard and sign a young dp with pace to help connect the midfield. Take Mix and sign 1 very good RB or another strong midfielder. Or multiple players. Just by getting rid of the mix contract (under appropriate circumstances) we can improve our lineup. If chanot and brilliant are healthy I think we are fine at CB.
We are sitting on multiple 150,000+ contracts that barely see the field. That's troubling. Those are started salaries in the MLS. So there's a lot of room to improve.
As much as I would have hated it last year I also say we should bring in some academy players from MCFC.

Nailed it. Too much wasted cap sitting on the bench. Mix, two of Mena/Hernandez/White. That frees up $1.5 Million of salary relief, but more importantly, frees up at least $800,000 of cap space. Use that to go get a big time RB and a goalkeeper. Or use it all and get a Sacha Klejstan/Ignacio Piatti type CAM.

So, in 17 home games, we had 3 results that would have us advance and 1 result that would push things to extra time.* That provides a success rate of 3.5 out of 17 or just over 20%. Odds are long, but not impossible.

* - these were against 2 teams finishing above Toronto in the standings and 2 finishing below.

Believe Gif of the Day
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Nailed it. Too much wasted cap sitting on the bench. Mix, two of Mena/Hernandez/White. That frees up $1.5 Million of salary relief, but more importantly, frees up at least $800,000 of cap space. Use that to go get a big time RB and a goalkeeper. Or use it all and get a Sacha Klejstan/Ignacio Piatti type CAM.
With the emergence of Lurch, I don't feel the need to bring in a new GK. Put that money towards midfielders/forwards.

Very Cold Words from the Boss of this forum! But you sure love to be the bad guy trust me people I know this well! So as long as we have Our Batman .Tommy, Jack , and Lurch . We Have Hope Mr Debby Downer !! How could I Ms one track mind Pirlo think better of this team than you? WOW ! I still say Go NYCFC LETS DO THIS FKN THING!!
Yes, I own the forum. That doesn't mean I should reserve my criticism. You have a tendency to blow things out of proportion.

Reason for hope: We were still the highest-scoring team in the league this season. And the smaller pitch helps contain Gio slightly better than with space.

Here's my hope - go out there on Sunday night and try to blow the doors off them. I'd rather lose the match 4-2 with an up and down tempo than try and squeak out 2 goals and get to PKs.

And how the hell do you have time to play that during work hours?
I had jury duty today, and they actually settled the case right before bringing us in*, so, SNOW DAY!

*ETA, I've been on jury duty since this past Thursday. Selection on Thursday, first day of the case on Friday, returned today and they settled. World's dumbest civil suit over a minor car accident which had somehow dragged on for three years before going to trial.

Last edited:
Reason for hope: We were still the highest-scoring team in the league this season. And the smaller pitch helps contain Gio slightly better than with space.
I say this in jest (sort of), but after the game went 2-0 and both teams had used all of their subs, in the closing seconds of the game, why didn't we have our version of the Hanson Brothers go to blows with Bradley - just sacrifice a guy that isn't in the plans for next Sunday.... are we really going to use Bravo again if both Pirlo and Lampard take their usual spots? I guess nobody else on the field was a potential scratch for us besides him...... so it'd have been the Hanson Brother....

giphy.gif

Reactions: adam
Here's my hope - go out there on Sunday night and try to blow the doors off them. I'd rather lose the match 4-2 with an up and down tempo than try and squeak out 2 goals and get to PKs.
That's really our only option. Don't concern yourself with giving up a goal. Focus on scoring as many as possible. The only safe lead is a 4 goal lead for us.

Your way too early weather forecast:
upload_2016-10-31_15-4-38.png

I presume it will be high to mid 40s come game time, and a little bit of wind too. Nice and cool temperature, decent soccer weather aside from the wind.

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.