Home - 11/5 Columbus - 2nd Leg ECS

Status
Not open for further replies.
NYCFC is holding an open practice for Cityzens members at Yankee Stadium this Friday at 10:30 AM. It's 1,000 Cityzens points to redeem.

This is the second time in NYCFC history a practice will be held at Yankee Stadium.

It’s not an NYCFC match unless I ride an emotional rollercoaster for 90 minutes and then drown my misery in many drams of bourbon. The season might be over, but I hope Viera and co. stop thinking so hard and go for the throat. There’s no way CLB is not going to score in our 5-a-side home pitch, so let’s go 5-2, take it to overtime and let SJ bring what we all know he can in a PK shoot out. Let’s go out in a blaze one way or another!

It’s not an NYCFC match unless I ride an emotional rollercoaster for 90 minutes and then drown my misery in many drams of bourbon. The season might be over, but I hope Viera and co. stop thinking so hard and go for the throat. There’s no way CLB is not going to score in our 5-a-side home pitch, so let’s go 5-2, take it to overtime and let SJ bring what we all know he can in a PK shoot out. Let’s go out in a blaze one way or another!

I don't want to burst your bubble, but if the final score is 5-2, we'd lose. It needs to be 4-1 to send it to extra time.

Yeah. I figured out what he meant but I just get annoyed when people can’t write. And tonight I’m kind of unforgiving. “In 3 prior instances in MLS history, no team ever overcame a 3 goal deficit.”
Boom. It’s even more succinct.
Im with you. I had no idea what this shithead was trying to say.

On a more positive note, some tix sold today. 1/3 of face. Fuck us serious supporters hard and good.

Reactions: mgarbowski
FYI,
Brandon and Hank are Jason Richards, aka Lewis’s mom.

Actually, can’t say for sure about Brandon.

100% hank is Jason Richards.

Reactions: Fake Jew
Sunday
A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61.

Sunday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56.

Does anyone want three free tickets for midfield?

I think Ring, Herrera and Moralez would snap those midfield spots quickly if you just let them know... ;)

But why not move Herrera to CD and pencil in Sands to play #8 (or as #6, and Ring as #8)? There's only this game to lose. Lewis should start instead of Wallace.

Reactions: Ulrich
I think Ring, Herrera and Moralez would snap those midfield spots quickly if you just let them know... ;)

But why not move Herrera to CD and pencil in Sands to play #8 (or as #6, and Ring as #8)? There's only this game to lose. Lewis should start instead of Wallace.
Let Sands play CB. He is one typically.

i was thinking this this morning....but i never watched the WC to see how good was he in that position....i mean can he handle the likes of meram/ kamara etc.
No idea, but he handled the top players in he world at that age group, and while they “may” not be as physically developed as older men, they’re just as fast and maybe faster.

The “may” is because I’ve seen teenagers in other sports that are as big and physical as “grown ass men” so I can’t discount the possibility that it’s also be the case with the top soccer players too.

No, he cannot.

Sands is a DM who was forced to play CB at the u-17 level. No way he is ready for top quality attackers in a playoff game....yet. He’ll get there eventually, but not on Sunday.

Go 3 at the back. Give Columbus a different look, be solid up the middle and play fast through the counter. I know, PV would rather put on a Manchester United jersey than actually do this. Putting Ben Sweat at LCB and rolling the PV special slow build up 4-3-3 will not get it done.

Reactions: adam and mgarbowski
Anybody think there will be a letdown from CLB? Looking at the way they celebrated (I mean Afful was carried around the field on shoulders, etc.) it’s like they think the series is over. (I know it actually is, but suspend reality for a second).

There has got to be some type of letdown after those two huge games for CLB - where everything went right. I can think Josef Martinez must still be shaking his head about how he hit the post instead of scoring like he has done consistently all year.

Reactions: Fake Jew
Anybody think there will be a letdown from CLB? Looking at the way they celebrated (I mean Afful was carried around the field on shoulders, etc.) it’s like they think the series is over. (I know it actually is, but suspend reality for a second).

There has got to be some type of letdown after those two huge games for CLB - where everything went right. I can think Josef Martinez must still be shaking his head about how he hit the post instead of scoring like he has done consistently all year.

probably the next round not sunday....they claim they will still go all out on sunday ( trying to find link to a columbus journalist article)

The “letdown” is called “Toronto FC actually scoring instead of wasting chances”

this is true...had we had that pre injuries form it may have been lopsided to our side going into sunday

We've already lost. I'm just going to have fun in YS again before next season.

Only upshot of this shit sandwich is that we're probably going to get someone good in the DP3 spot that Pirlo is currently killing us with.

Reactions: Jock
I posted this same GIF after the 1st leg in 2016...
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.