2021 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs

If Portland wins, don't forget to watch their site and SeatGeek like a hawk to buy MLS Cup tickets ASAP. They might go live before our game and it's going to be a hot ticket so they will be easy to offload if we lose tomorrow.

If Portland wins, don't forget to watch their site and SeatGeek like a hawk to buy MLS Cup tickets ASAP. They might go live before our game and it's going to be a hot ticket so they will be easy to offload if we lose tomorrow.
Yup, even if you've bought a resale ticket, you can probably resell that ticket to break even or make a profit. It's going to be the hottest ticket in Portland.

I've already booked hotel and flights, just in case.

Given that mls has different rules for MLS Cup, is it going to be like Philly where we only get like 200 tix that will be snapped up before the players exit the field tomorrow?

Currently winning the bracket challenge (yay!) but I’m really hoping either Shwafta or Papa J (Joshua) catch me as they are the only two left with NYC in the final and also winning MLS Cup.
It's happening baby ;)

...My bracket was absolute shit, don't ask me how I'm in third because I sure as heck don't.

It’s funny. Seatgeek currently has placeholder events for MLS Cup in Philadelphia and NYC but not Portland.

Even if we win MLS, even if we win 10 MLS Cups, they’ll still use this chant.

“NYCFC you ain’t got no history”? Literally chant this at an expansion club, not your expansion partners. Maybe it’s about the fact we were not a USL team first, but come on! It almost seems like a cut off the nose to spite the face situation.

“NYCFC you ain’t got no history”? Literally chant this at an expansion club, not your expansion partners. Maybe it’s about the fact we were not a USL team first, but come on! It almost seems like a cut off the nose to spite the face situation.
I don't think so. They have been a team and a fan base for a long time prior to, for all intents and purposes, getting promoted into MLS. We were nonexistent beforehand. It's a legit dig. I respect that.

It goes right up there in my book alongside, "poutine sucks" (even though it really, really doesn't) and "go back to New Jersey". Good, family friendly chants that actually relate to something.

I don't think so. They have been a team and a fan base for a long time prior to, for all intents and purposes, getting promoted into MLS. We were nonexistent beforehand. It's a legit dig. I respect that.

It goes right up there in my book alongside, "poutine sucks" (even though it really, really doesn't) and "go back to New Jersey". Good, family friendly chants that actually relate to something.
But they only chant this to us, not Atlanta. Will they do it to Charlotte? St. Louis?

Reactions: Shwafta

Was there a team there before the USL team that started in 2010? That's not exactly much of a history.

Reactions: moogoo
Was there a team there before the USL team that started in 2010? That's not exactly much of a history.
Don't know. Thought they were there longer than 5 years. But I'm still okay with their chant. More than anything I'm impressed with how loud and sustained it was. I give supporters a lot of leeway and props if they can build pretty much any family friendly, sustained and loud chant. Just makes me love the game even more. Even if it's a dig at my team. It's one of the things that makes soccer special.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Don't know. Thought they were there longer than 5 years. But I'm still okay with their chant. More than anything I'm impressed with how loud and sustained it was. I give supporters a lot of leeway and props if they can build pretty much any family friendly, sustained and loud chant. Just makes me love the game even more. Even if it's a dig at my team. It's one of the things that makes soccer special.
As long as it's clever, I'm good with it.

I also appreciate it when it's family friendly and avoids swearing (even though I don't have kids yet), but I let it slide as long as it's clever and sometimes just have to tip your cap to it.

Reactions: Shwafta