Home - 11/4 Atlanta - Eastern Conference Semifinals Leg 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s pretty shitty that your teammate injured you, and I’m not sure my example and yours are equal, but ok.

What I suggested is no different than the Charlie horse suffered in gym class while you’re standing at your locker. Honestly, how NYCFC played Giovinco a couple years ago (twice?) was way more physical than anything I was suggesting- every time he got the ball he was checked off it or tackled to the ground, not caring if a foul was given because it was the cumulative effect the team was looking for. By the second half, Gio’s focus was completely lost and he was a non-factor because he was on the ground so much. Don’t think for a second that teams don’t play Maxi more physically than others, and give him extra bumps when they have the opportunity, because they are looking at the cumulative effect it has on him.

Also, what I suggested was not an intentional head butt to the back of a head instead of going for a ball, but that’s in many CBs repertoire. It’s not the shirt grabbing with the intent to grab the skin underneath/pinching that happens - we saw a DC player lose half his shorts a few years back to Lampard(?). It’s not the extended elbows that “protect” a player playing, but not really playing, a 50/50 header.
The stuff you just cited there is pretty different from "At the very least, his hamstring will cramp or spasm, at best he’ll likely over-exert it & re-injure it keeping him out of the following week".

But I agree that what you just talked about seems more on point. It's easier to recover from being annoyed than being physically injured.

The stuff you just cited there is pretty different from "At the very least, his hamstring will cramp or spasm, at best he’ll likely over-exert it & re-injure it keeping him out of the following week".

But I agree that what you just talked about seems more on point. It's easier to recover from being annoyed than being physically injured.
What I was suggesting wouldn't directly cause an injury, it would just be ribbing a recent injury he’s choosing to play on and it’s that plus the fatigue he’d face that’d push him over the edge of reinjuring it - hell, it could happen even without the extra attention. But that’s a product of any player coming back right after an injury, and being the playoffs I’d put money down that he’s coming back before he’s 100%.

What I was suggesting wouldn't directly cause an injury, it would just be ribbing a recent injury he’s choosing to play on and it’s that plus the fatigue he’d face that’d push him over the edge of reinjuring it - hell, it could happen even without the extra attention. But that’s a product of any player coming back right after an injury, and being the playoffs I’d put money down that he’s coming back before he’s 100%.
giphy.gif

New York City FC v Atlanta United
Yankee Stadium (7:30PM ET)
REF: Kevin Stott
AR1: Cameron Blanchard
AR2: Oscar Mitchell-Carvalho
4TH: Silviu Petrescu
VAR: Alex Chilowicz

Stott refereed our 4-0 loss at RBA and our 1-1 tie vs. DC this season. I don't love him, but I don't hate him. I think he's a bit old to be honest. The ARs are not in the conversation for best in the league. I think Petrescu and Dome will get along, they're similar in personality.

What I suggested is no different than the Charlie horse suffered (delivered by a classmate) in gym class while you’re standing at your locker.

On a completely unrelated matter, how do you define charlie horse? I thought it was a muscle cramp, but your description suggests some other, nefarious definition.

Reactions: SoupInNYC

Targeting an existing injury is a 100% reasonable tactic in sports of all kinds and has been portrayed in popular media as such:

Reactions: Christopher Jee
On a completely unrelated matter, how do you define charlie horse? I thought it was a muscle cramp, but your description suggests some other, nefarious definition.
It is definitely a muscle cramp, usually in the calf, but I believe it has a dual definition. Maybe I used the wrong term, I asked a coworker and he agreed that was the how he remembered it called..... what I was describing is when somebody lifts their knee into the side/back side of your leg in the area between the quad/hamstring..... makes the leg go numb & spasm for a short instant. It was a typical occurrence in gym when changing at the locker - one person not paying attention and another lands the knee and the first guy kinda buckles. No lasting harm.

It is definitely a muscle cramp, usually in the calf, but I believe it has a dual definition. Maybe I used the wrong term, I asked a coworker and he agreed that was the how he remembered it called..... what I was describing is when somebody lifts their knee into the side/back side of your leg in the area between the quad/hamstring..... makes the leg go numb & spasm for a short instant. It was a typical occurrence in gym when changing at the locker - one person not paying attention and another lands the knee and the first guy kinda buckles. No lasting harm.
Holy crap -- I don't think that made it to the South Shore of Long Island in the 80s. Thank god. We had people that made and art of flicking their ring fingers on your neck that felt like a wasp sting. Different psychopathy, but psychopathy nonetheless!

Can someone please give me the address to that cheaper $20 parking place mentioned here? I hate parking for 30 or 40....

One extra ticket free in 209 in case any of y’all need it. Send your email address and I’ll transfer.

I’m a lot of less nervous than I was against Philly, which I think is a bad thing. I think tonight will either go amazingly or very much wrong.

I somehow think that we’re all going to be muttering to ourselves “another year where we blew it in the first leg.” I really hope they prove us wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.