2021 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs

There are 4 remaining perfect brackets in the mls bracket challenge.
Two have NYCFC advancing, two have Philly advancing.
Two have RSL advancing, two have Portland advancing.

All four have the east winning MLS cup.

crazy stuff!

weird. i still think portland is a difficult venue to win at.

portland will be missing two of their best players while RSL will be getting back their best player. i wouldn't count RSL out. it's going to be a wild game.

sure but these people made their brackets before the injuries right? i still had portland as difficult venue even with injuries.

Reactions: mgarbowski
8AD6D3A5-A07A-41FB-B566-43BB7C070ACD.jpeg

Based on the above, the odds we host MLS Cup in beautiful Yankee Stadium are 16.45% - basically one-in-six.

View attachment 11595

Based on the above, the odds we host MLS Cup in beautiful Yankee Stadium are 16.45% - basically one-in-six.

I looked at this earlier this morning. The quirky thing is, NYC has only the third best chance to make the Cup final, yet is tied for first for winning it all. I get the logic, but it is odd. We are also given the same chance of beating the Union as with the Revolution -- 47%. Also as with last week, it's presumably not accounting for -- even more -- missing players.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I know this is looking ahead but people always say that hosting mls cup at yankee stadium would be "bad", but aside from the field being on a baseball stadium and the angles being meh, am I missing something? If it's held at yankee stadium, surely they'll work on getting some better cameras in place for the game, and surely we would open all the levels and get at least 30k if not fully booked stadium... Which Yankee Stadium capacity is 54,000. Even if we just got 30k, it would be in the top 10 attendance for MLS cup ever.
1638371213669.png

Reactions: twsj91 and Vallos
I know this is looking ahead but people always say that hosting mls cup at yankee stadium would be "bad", but aside from the field being on a baseball stadium and the angles being meh, am I missing something? If it's held at yankee stadium, surely they'll work on getting some better cameras in place for the game, and surely we would open all the levels and get at least 30k if not fully booked stadium... Which Yankee Stadium capacity is 54,000. Even if we just got 30k, it would be in the top 10 attendance for MLS cup ever.
View attachment 11596
I imagine they would open more up and attendance would rival that of the first Hudson River Derby at Yankee Stadium that had over 48k in attendance.

Reactions: moogoo and Shwafta
View attachment 11596

bad for who though? people outside MLS fandom done care about the league and shit on it all the time even if these finals have been held in SSS or football stadiums with lots of people. all it will do is add an extra joke against the league but thats it. aint no one taking it seriously outside MLS fandom.

Reactions: Shwafta
bad for who though? people outside MLS fandom done care about the league and shit on it all the time even if these finals have been held in SSS or football stadiums with lots of people. all it will do is add an extra joke against the league but thats it. aint no one taking it seriously outside MLS fandom.
Exactly. Besides a NY market team making a final would be bound to get a lot more media coverage....... right?

I hate to get ahead of things here but just a quick reminder to City Members on here, in the wild chance that we host MLS Cup, MLS controls the tickets. You may not be able to secure your typical seats.

I hate to get ahead of things here but just a quick reminder to City Members on here, in the wild chance that we host MLS Cup, MLS controls the tickets. You may not be able to secure your typical seats.

dont the host team STH get first dibs though?

(Couldn't find the Tin Foil Hat thread): ...doesn't MLS still technically own RSL ......?

Would make sense for them to ensure RSL in the final but no NYCFC home game.....

(Couldn't find the Tin Foil Hat thread): ...doesn't MLS still technically own RSL ......?

Would make sense for them to ensure RSL in the final but no NYCFC home game.....

If we're being technical, MLS owns all the teams. Investors buy a share of MLS and operate one of its club. That's the single entity structure.

Reactions: Joe_Cos

If we're being technical, MLS owns all the teams. Investors buy a share of MLS and operate one of its club. That's the single entity structure.

Right, but with no ownership, who gets all the incentives that MLS Cup winners receive?