Ideas For Songs/chants

One thing that's not been discussed much (at least recently) is what music are the players going to run out to. Incidentally I hate players being forced to line up in tunnel like schoolchildren but anyhow...I have two suggestions. One would be "the hands that built NY" by U2 which plays in the great shot at the end of Gangs of New York. The other would be "Stay Young" by Oasis. People might say that's too MCFC but that would be nonsense its hardly like its just MCFC fans who made that band a success! Look over some of the lyrics and some seem to fit with the formation of a new Football Club. Older songs like "Blue Skies" might fit but remember this will be a predominantly young fanbase and its not really contemporary to use songs from the 20's/30's whenever it was.

Obviously both themes are on Youtube.

I don't think any kind of screen is essential inside the new stadium either. If there's a fan area outside with a big screen then fine. For those in the stadium just play music for a hour and half (grounds in UK open about a hr and half before kickoff guessing its same in MLS) and get rid of pointless "light family entertainment." That said MCFC have a successful fanzone area (and NYCFC are likely to copy the successful ideas MCFC have used) but cut out some of the lame family stuff and keep the more serious stuff in.

Anyway that might be going a bit off topic...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kinkladze
I really like the UCLA Fight Fight Fight. The chant actually works really well.

N Y CFC N Y CFC.
I think when we score and go up a goal, it'd be easy just to go from (the ohio version):

Is that not the winning team? Yes that is the winning team.

Is that not the losing team? Yes that is the losing team.

Winning team, losing team, winning team, losing team.

Though it'll get very awkward if the other team gets a quick goal right after haha

In fact, I think every time we score a goal and are in the lead this should be the default chant.

Last edited:
It can always be done right before the opening kickoff. It would be a good way to get the crowd going early

Reactions: Johnny
Here's another great one:

Could start this just before kickoff.

"I believe that we will win. I believe that we will win...."

The American Outlaws have a bunch of songs/chants we can convert as well, though most of them are used throughout MLS and are no strictly original to NYCFC.

The main issue I come across in converting chants is we don't really have a nickname.

To illustrate: A very common chant is "oh when the ______ go marching in." That works with Saints or Spurs or Yanks... but how would we fill in the blanks?

Now we just feel the energy , New York City will never sleep, now we just feel like Synergy, New York City's the place to be
This is a far cry from what I normally listen, but I really like that chorus. I can see that being used for sure.

Can you just feel the energy
Gotham City will never sleep
Now we just feel the energy
We are NYC FC

Or something of similar ilk. If the amount of syllables allows, it'd be cool to incorporate the name of the supporters group in the chant.

There shall be no booing when we play Moo Jersey. Only mooing.

you're a cow
can't you see?
Livin in
New Jersey
Mooooooooo
you're a cow

Metros out
Red Cows in
Doesn't matter
Still can't win
Moooooooo
you're a cow

Last edited:
Sitting here in class bored, so I thought of this. Sing to yankee doodle, figured since yankees are part owners why not. Also, this would probably only work for a road game. Nothing special, just looking to kill some time in class lol.

New york city came to town

Managed by Jason Kreis

Passed the ball and scored a goal

And left the game with three points

You know, I had a similar idea at work a few days ago, with exactly the same first line. I couldn't make it work then, but after a little thought just now I put together the following:

New York City came to town,
With Kreis' sky blue squadron.
There's no debate, we'll dominate,
Los Angeles to Boston.

New York City, watch us go,
Taking to the field.
All day long you'll hear this song
We're going to win the shield.

I'm not that happy with some of the rhymes but hey, it's a start I guess.