Ideas For Songs/chants

Not at all. Listen to the song and listen to other songs other teams sing. If you speed it up it's gonna sound bad because some will be too fast and others too slow. This is just the right speed. It'll give people chills to see 20,000 fans singing it leading up to kick off.
but the yankees already adopted that song for their end game

but the yankees already adopted that song for their end game
Yes I know, but they just play it over the loudspeaker at the end of the game as people are leaving. We would show that we are different by having the crowd sing it at the beginning, but the song shows our connection to the Yankees and New York City.

Yes I know, but they just play it over the loudspeaker at the end of the game as people are leaving. We would show that we are different by having the crowd sing it at the beginning, but the song shows our connection to the Yankees and New York City.

I love this idea.

I just don't think we should try to force something to be different. The answer is literally right in front of us. We are part owned by the yankees, it's a tribute to the owners and to the city. Everyone knows the song, we could show our identity of New York to start every game.

Reactions: Kinkladze
I just don't think we should try to force something to be different. The answer is literally right in front of us. We are part owned by the yankees, it's a tribute to the owners and to the city. Everyone knows the song, we could show our identity of New York to start every game.
singing NY NY is like having an advanced Math student take a beginners Math test. its the easy way out.

Reactions: einwindir

NEW YORK,
NEW YORK

NEW YORK IS ALWAYS BLUE
NEW YORK IS ALWAYS BLUE

NEW YORKS BLUE AND WHITE
NEW YORKS BLUE AND WHITE

Reactions: EmmaRL
Strongly recommend you all listen to European and South American team chats to get melodies happening. Then start putting ur own lyrics to the tunes.

This will sound much better then using already established iconic Songs. This club is a New venture and needs New songs about its birth what it stands for and it's people.

The Empire State where dreams come true
It is our city and our blood runs blue
If you dis our Boroughs we'll come for you.......

Just start penning some words guys and watch the magic happen.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
I just feel people are trying to force chants to have chants. A majority of the chants people have suggested are high school chants, we don't want to be known for that. Everyone is talking about being original, maybe someone needs to define original because everything I've seen as been a variation of an already established chant.

I just feel people are trying to force chants to have chants. A majority of the chants people have suggested are high school chants, we don't want to be known for that. Everyone is talking about being original, maybe someone needs to define original because everything I've seen as been a variation of an already established chant.
original would be replacing words of an exhisting song

original would be replacing words of an exhisting song

That's not original. Everyone is arguing about names in the other group saying copying is not original, so copying a song and just changing the words is not original. If that's what people want to do we can, but then nobody should complain about NYCFC being original. If people just want to reword songs, how is that any less of a cop out then singing New York New York?

That's not original. Everyone is arguing about names in the other group saying copying is not original, so copying a song and just changing the words is not original. If that's what people want to do we can, but then nobody should complain about NYCFC being original. If people just want to reword songs, how is that any less of a cop out then singing New York New York?
NY NY is such a generic song.

I think if any song is considered the NY Yankees Anthem, its New York New York

I really think Billy Joel's NY State of Mind is anthem quality, nice and slow, would sound good with the whole audience singing it.

Reactions: Johnny

I really think Billy Joel's NY State of Mind is anthem quality, nice and slow, would sound good with the whole audience singing it.
the anthem doesnt have to be ny themed

If we Had to go with a NY song I'd say either NY State of Mind, or Simon amd Garfunkel's A Heart In NY.

We aren't those teams, we are NYCFC. Look at the logo, everything has to do with NYC. Only feels right to have our anthem have to do with NYC.