Ideas For Songs/chants

You know, I had a similar idea at work a few days ago, with exactly the same first line. I couldn't make it work then, but after a little thought just now I put together the following:

New York City came to town,
With Kreis' sky blue squadron.
There's no debate, we'll dominate,
Los Angeles to Boston.

New York City, watch us go,
Taking to the field.
All day long you'll hear this song
We're going to win the shield.

I'm not that happy with some of the rhymes but hey, it's a start I guess.
You my friend are a genius! I absolutely love that.

You know, I had a similar idea at work a few days ago, with exactly the same first line. I couldn't make it work then, but after a little thought just now I put together the following:

Los Angeles to Boston.

Taking to the field.

Would this go to the beat of Yankee Doodle?

Yes, featured it on our twitter. Probably the best original I've seen so far.
I've tried to come up with a few myself but it's not easy lol

Would this go to the beat of Yankee Doodle?

That it does. In case it needs clarifying, the second part is to the tune of the chorus (Yankee Doodle, keep it up) rather than repeating the tune of the first verse.

I appreciate the compliments, although as I said before I think it could be improved. That said, I won't be the one making improvements, because that took me about two hours to finish as it is.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
I think it'd be cool to have short nursery-rhyme type chants for players, but we'll have to wait for that.
How about also doing a roll call of all the boroughs? We could have a line introducing a borough alternating with a line about soccer... and then end it chanting NEW YORK CI TY NEW YORK CI TY ...and so on.

this will be great to sing when the players come out idk we need an ANTHEM!!! something like Forever Blowing Bubbles, YNWA, Blue Moon...but OUR OWN

this will be great to sing when the players come out idk we need an ANTHEM!!! something like Forever Blowing Bubbles, YNWA, Blue Moon...but OUR OWN

I agree we need an anthem that everyone can sing.

Don't know about an anthem but already suggested these two songs for when the players run out. Or at least 2 songs which could be played back to back in the last few minutes leading up to kickoff. The first song is "hands that built America-U2." Th first one fits for obvious reasons and as for the 2nd the lyrics do kind of fit in a way.

I think when we score and go up a goal, it'd be easy just to go from (the ohio version):

Is that not the winning team? Yes that is the winning team.

Is that not the losing team? Yes that is the losing team.

Winning team, losing team, winning team, losing team.

Though it'll get very awkward if the other team gets a quick goal right after haha

In fact, I think every time we score a goal and are in the lead this should be the default chant.

I'm biased towards this, because I went to Ohio U. :)

The American Outlaws have a bunch of songs/chants we can convert as well, though most of them are used throughout MLS and are no strictly original to NYCFC.

The main issue I come across in converting chants is we don't really have a nickname.

To illustrate: A very common chant is "oh when the ______ go marching in." That works with Saints or Spurs or Yanks... but how would we fill in the blanks?

Blues. As in, "Oh, when the Blues go marching in!"

Reactions: Kinkladze

Los Angeles to Boston.

Taking to the field.

Suggested change:

"There's no debate, we'll dominate"

to

"From New York State, we'll dominate"

That's one of the rhymes I didn't really liked removed, anyway...

Reactions: Kinkladze and Vito
but its CITY not state

True, but as far as I am aware, the city hasn't seceded from the state yet? Well anyway, you guys can feel free to modify it as much as you want anyhow, since I will unfortunately not be around to sing it myself.

Afternoon members. I'm so pumped that the 5Boroughs now have their on club. Can't wait to see active support go crazy in the streets of NYC. Myself I'm a member of the RBB. Red and Black bloc.The best active support in the A-League and across all codes of Australia.

Me personally I would try and stay away from emulating MCFC chants and ideas as we wanna stand apart,yes it's our sister club but we wanna be USA's best activ support off our own back.

I know someone said something about this earlier, but if we got the whole stadium singing New York, New York, that would sound amazing. No other team would be able to match something like that

Reactions: Buckley
Singing it at kickoff as the team takes the field after the anthem, I think it would sound good. It's the perfect speed, anything faster would be hard to get 20,000 people singing together.

Reactions: Buckley and Vito
I know someone said something about this earlier, but if we got the whole stadium singing New York, New York, that would sound amazing. No other team would be able to match something like that
you dont think its a bit too slow?

you dont think its a bit too slow?
Not at all. Listen to the song and listen to other songs other teams sing. If you speed it up it's gonna sound bad because some will be too fast and others too slow. This is just the right speed. It'll give people chills to see 20,000 fans singing it leading up to kick off.