Ideas For Songs/chants

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Don't have any song ideas yet but my idea for a chant would be similar to what MCFC do for Vincent Kompany.
"Here's to you NYCFC, New York loves you more than you will knoooowwww wooooaaaaa and here's to you NYCFC New York loves you more than you will knooooowwwww wooooaa

and it just keeps going to show respect.

I'm putting in a vote for Irving Berlin's "Blue Skies".

Blue skies
Smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies
Do I see

Bluebirds
Singing a song
Nothing but bluebirds
All day long

Never saw the sun shining so bright
Never saw things going so right
Noticing the days hurrying by
When you're in love, my how they fly

Blue days
All of them gone
Nothing but blue skies
From now on

Easy lyrics, bouncy melody. And it's optimistic - you gotta respect anyone who would sing that down 4-nil.

I'm sure some people on here will have seen the South Park episode "Somalian Pirates We." Here are some of the lyrics from that song and of course its on Youtube.

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric....s-South-Park/478702B570243D0B482575B500143FFF

Obviously I'm not advocating the line about rape be kept in that would be changed to something else. I'm not however suggesting phrases like "kick your ass" should be censored that would be ridiculous. Its not like that stupid and uncreative YSA chant which is just vulgarity for the sake of vulgarity. People will realise its referring to players on the field not the opposition fans getting a physical battering. The best bit could be instead of "Somalian Pirates We" it would be "NYCFC." Listen to the tone of the song on Youtube especially for the "NYCFC" bit. I also find the "ye he he" and "yo ho ho" bits amusing and they would fit into a chant well. Like in the video it could even start off slowly and then the pace starts picking up and becomes a full song.

Something that that could easily catch on and its always good to take something from an edgy show like South Park.

^way too slow for my taste.
I hear what you're saying but McFc borrowed it from an Irish club I believe as well. You look at most world clubs and chants are often borrowed, changed and credit is always given.
Poznan done by mcfc is originally from Poznan fc. It's more of a show of respect than a hey we are just going to steal this thanks.
We'll have to wait for some players to be announced to come up with songs for then.
I think Liverpool has one of the best walk up songs "never walk alone" listening to that echo through anfield brings chills down my spine every single time.
Plus the Louis Suarez chant is world class.

Reactions: Sunshine United
Seems you guys don't wanna be associated with us whatsoever, like we're your bastard cousins or something.
No No No you got it wrong brother. Everyone is excited about the relation with MCFC.
It's only good news for our club as it will open so many doors for us.
I think, as far as our identity is concerned it's important to be as original as possible.
However, being a city fan i love that Kompany chant!

I've thought about this a lot and since the Yankees are a part of this team I was thinking that we would adopt the "roll call" that fans do at the beginning of every home game. Chant every players name in the starting 11

I love this idea. Plus a Jeter chant for the hell of it. Tradition and all :)

I think it'd be good to adopt some college football/basketball chants/cheers to break away from the constantly recycled soccer stuff.

I'd love to figure out a way to recreate jump around at a soccer game.

Last edited:
Ooo I like that! Not so much a chant as it is something cool to do at a game. Although soccer is much more fast paced so it may be difficult to find a proper place to do such a thing. Definitely a good way to bolster defense when the opposition has a PK? Either way, I like it.