If you're going to come to a game, you should come for 90+.

Kevin

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Jun 10, 2014
Brooklyn
Almost every game I've seen "fans" leave early. I saw people leave after the 7th goal during the Derby! Did you think we were going to come back after 3,4,5,6? I will boo and yell at every "fan" who leaves early. Some were season ticket holders too. I would understand a baseball blowout because its a slowwwwww sport. However if you leave at the 80th or 90th minute, you can't just sit down for another 3-10 mins?

Almost every game I've seen "fans" leave early. I saw people leave after the 7th goal during the Derby! Did you think we were going to come back after 3,4,5,6? I will boo and yell at every "fan" who leaves early. Some were season ticket holders too. I would understand a baseball blowout because its a slowwwwww sport. However if you leave at the 80th or 90th minute, you can't just sit down for another 3-10 mins?
Not for nothing but this presumes everyone leaves cuz they are unhappy with the game. Sometimes shit comes up. Sometimes you gotta be somewhere else at a certain time and can't stay for the full 90 (particularly after a 30 minute delay) but you really wanna catch as much of the game as you can in person. I've had to leave events early a few times, sometimes life just happens.

Because if we're down by six at the 80th I'm leaving to beat the subway rush, it's a better use of my time.

If the game is within 3 I stay to the end.
Not for nothing but this presumes everyone leaves cuz they are unhappy with the game. Sometimes shit comes up. Sometimes you gotta be somewhere else at a certain time and can't stay for the full 90 (particularly after a 30 minute delay) but you really wanna catch as much of the game as you can in person. I've had to leave events early a few times, sometimes life just happens.

All of you have valid points- I "forgive & understand"' you all . Go in peace . :);)

That's what you were booing at? People leaving early?
The players heard you and thought it was directed at them so they gave up. Good job, your actions probably cost us a point, maybe 3

I always stay for 90 mins because I'm cheap - I paid for 90 mins, i'm sure as hell gonna stay there for all of them. Then it's always a good idea to applaud the players at the end (or boo if they just lost 7-0 to your rivals). Only circumstance I would leave early under is if I had to get home early for some reason.

I don't have a problem with people leaving if the team quit on the field. If they were putting up a fight, people would have stayed to cheer them on. What's the point of staying there if the team itself doesn't want to be there?

Before yesterday the most I ever did a few times last year was leave my seats and walk down the ramps a few minutes early but I didn't leave the building until final whistle.
On Saturday I left shortly around minute 77. Had they started on time and still been terrible I would have stayed. Had they started late and had a competitive game I would have had a tough decision. I had to be home by shortly after 6. One of the best things about soccer is the complete predictability of when it ends. I have a life and a family and obligations and I rely on that predictability. When you throw that away all bets are off.

Last edited:
Fans buy tickets with their money, they can stay or leave whenever they want. Had I been at the game, I would have left early. I would have been extremely pissed off about the game, and if someone along my way out decided to "boo" me, in the mood I would have been in that person would have ended up with a few "boo boo's"
Let fans do what they want and shut the fuck up and watch the game if you want. If people are not doing something violent/destructive/disruptive or anything otherwise illegal, who gives a fuck if they want to leave early.

I value my time. Once I feel the remainder of a match is not worth my time, I leave. I'm not going to sit and watch my team play like shit, already down 5, 6, 7 goals just because "you don't leave early". Fuck that that and fuck you.

I'll almost never leave a 1 goal match early unless something personal comes up.

Last edited:
If the game had started as scheduled, I would have left after the final whistle. Family commitments come first so due to the late kick off, we had to leave before the final whistle. It would have really sucked if it was a close game, but luckily I did not have to face that moral dilemma, with the result being that my wife didn't have to yell at me for being late and letting her down. (and wishing that she never met me yada yada yada....)

I have a great idea -- why don't you worry about yourself, STFU and not concern yourself with what other people do. Feel free to write your own "real fan" code of conduct and stick to every rule, but do us all a favor and keep it to yourself.

Before yesterday the most I ever did a few times last year was leave my seats and walk down the ramps a few minutes early but I didn't leave the building until final whistle.
On Saturday I left shortly around minute 77. Had they started on time and still been terrible I would have stayed. Had they started late and had a competitive game I would have had a tough decision. I had to be home by shortly after 6. One of the best things about soccer is the complete predictability of when it ends. I have a life and a family and obligations and I rely on that predictability. When you throw that away all bets are off.
Man, I totally forgot you left. I vouched for you, too. At that point, I was trolling security by insulting PV's giving up, so oops.

Reactions: Kevin and Paul
Man, I totally forgot you left. I vouched for you, too. At that point, I was trolling security by insulting PV's giving up, so oops.
Yeah, I saw that. I decided to out myself in a different thread so people might connect it to your prevarication.

Kind of sorry I missed your incident. Next time you get like that I want to be there to goad you on with "as your attorney" quotes from fear and loathing.

I have a great idea -- why don't you worry about yourself, STFU and not concern yourself with what other people do. Feel free to write your own "real fan" code of conduct and stick to every rule, but do us all a favor and keep it to yourself.

Cool job worrying about yourself as you tell someone worry about yourself.

That's understandable, most the people were just replying "this team sucks" as if we haven't realized that already.

Last edited:
Fans buy tickets with their money, they can stay or leave whenever they want. Had I been at the game, I would have left early. I would have been extremely pissed off about the game, and if someone along my way out decided to "boo" me, in the mood I would have been in that person would have ended up with a few "boo boo's"
Let fans do what they want and shut the fuck up and watch the game if you want. If people are not doing something violent/destructive/disruptive or anything otherwise illegal, who gives a fuck if they want to leave early.

I value my time. Once I feel the remainder of a match is not worth my time, I leave. I'm not going to sit and watch my team play like shit, already down 5, 6, 7 goals just because "you don't leave early". Fuck that that and fuck you.

I'll almost never leave a 1 goal match early unless something personal comes up.
Lol, I remember my first internet threat.

*edit- I see what you did there with the "boo boos", its cute ;)

Lol, I remember my first internet threat.

*edit- I see what you did there with the "boo boos", its cute ;)
Why did you quote me? I'm not a true fan so why try and have a conversation with a fake supporter like me?

Some of us have a long trip home. Getting up in the 83rd minute to hit the restrooms before I begin my trip back to Albany, with my family in tow, when we are getting crushed is not an absurd idea. Didn't help the start time got pushed back 35 minutes. Plus, if the players didn't bother to show up all game I already had them beat.