Important Notes About Saturday's Broadcast Of The Philly Game

JayH

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Oct 2, 2014
I thought this deserved its own thread in case folks weren't scrolling the dedicated match day thread.

(1) Even though the game starts at 4pm, it is being broadcast on YES at APPROXIMATELY 5pm.

(2) There are live options (stream, Fox app, MLSlive, etc.), but if you plan to watch it on YES, avoid social media and other spoiler sites.

(3) The game broadcast only is APPROXIMATE. It should be close to 5pm, but keep that in mind if you plan to record the game, you may want to record more time in case it does not start at 5pm. It's not clear, but it seems possible that it could even start earlier (correct me if there has been further information on this latter point).

(4) IMPORTANT - If watching on YES, momentarily turn away when they intermittently scroll the other games/scores across the screen. I'm not saying this will happen, but I (and many) have experienced sports networks both national and local not blocking and therefore spoiling a live score on a tape delayed or rebroadcasted sporting event. I personally have had events spoiled on several occassions. Let's hope YES doesn't drop the ball on this, but it happens.

Good info. Didn't think of the scrolling scores. Hopefully YES has their shit together and they don't show us the score.

This is all really annoying. Good thing this is only happening for one game this season.

Reactions: JayH
Really annoying that I can't watch this match live on TV. Can anyone recommend a live streaming site that will have it? Thanks. Let's go NYC!

Really annoying that I can't watch this match live on TV. Can anyone recommend a live streaming site that will have it? Thanks. Let's go NYC!

If anyone wants to answer this question, please do it via PM. Any links anyone posts to streaming websites out in the open where we can all read them will be deleted.

I will add that my experience of streaming is that if you can work out what channel(s) is playing the game, google will generally find you a stream relatively quickly, without the need for someone to post links here where we can get in trouble for them.

If anyone wants to answer this question, please do it via PM. Any links anyone posts to streaming websites out in the open where we can all read them will be deleted.

I will add that my experience of streaming is that if you can work out what channel(s) is playing the game, google will generally find you a stream relatively quickly, without the need for someone to post links here where we can get in trouble for them.

Fair enough. My apologies for asking.

Well if anyone is PMing them...

My general experience is it's easier to find a site that will give you about ten popups before a good stream is actually produced...

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Well if anyone is PMing them...

My general experience is it's easier to find a site that will give you about ten popups before a good stream is actually produced...

Right. You're more likely to get some kind of malware than to find a working live stream.

While watching live is ideal, watching on a one-hour delay is really not so bad. If you just stay off the internet and don't check your texts until the broadcast is over, then the experience of watching this delayed broadcast will be indistinguishable from that of watching the match shown live.

Ryan's Daughter has Sky Sports so a bunch of us are watching there.

I don't understand why they didn't move the broadcast to an affiliate.
There is so much to this I do not understand.
1- I have Verizon fios and channels 1, and 501 are news channels, not YES2.
2- If YES has an affiliate broadcast station, why not broadcast all, or at least the conflicting NYCFC matches from there?
3- If YES knew they had this broadcasting station in the works, why only announce it in reference to Nets games when it can be used and utilized for MLS way more often since the schedules match up?

Just wrote a post about this, figure this is the appropriate place for it. I have no idea how I'm going to watch so I just dvr'd the game in case I can't find a suitable spot.

As everyone knows by now, today’s New York City FC game against Philadelphia will not be broadcast live on local TV due to a conflict with the New York Yankees postgame show. Instead YES will begin the NYCFC broadcast on tape delay at 5pm, an hour after kickoff. While this kind of arrangement might have worked 35 years ago it’s a more of an issue today. Like many fans I prefer to watch the game while simultaneously monitoring Twitter, reddit and various other online platforms. It’s basically impossible in 2015 to pretend the game isn’t happening for an hour while waiting for a delayed broadcast to start.

http://www.theowngoal.com/?p=932

Reactions: Midas Mulligan