Is Nycfc Handling The Rumors Correctly?

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
I understand why they are being silent. They want their first signings to be a huge surprise and what not.
I hope they don't continue it this way. Most European clubs feed the rumors. MCFC for example always releases presses about players linked to going out and coming in and so on. What do you guys think?
Again, I'm cool with it right now but I hope in the future they get rid of the serious hush hush approach and use this as an opportunity to fuel fan excitement.

What exactly are you hoping that they do differently to what has already been done?

They hardly have to say anything as NO party is denying anything.. A nod is as good as a wink sort of ;)

What exactly are you hoping that they do differently to what has already been done?

Exactly what I said in the first post.
Address rumors. I'm used to seeing MCFC saying "Suarez linked with MCFC would he be a good fit?" On Facebook and creating discussion and so on.
I see why they aren't saying anything right now due to it being the first signing but hopefully in the future they change that. Instead of taking on US Sport culture and being quiet until they show signing.

You mean the "what the media is saying" thing they do once a day? I'd guess that's coming once the team is more established and they are able to ramp up their social media presence. I thought you were asking for them to do things like stating publicly whether they were chasing players or not.

I don't know of any professional sports team that addresses rumors, or speaks about deals and signings before they've officially announced them. I don't see anything wrong with how they're handling it.

Reactions: Buckley and Vito
I understand why they are being silent. They want their first signings to be a huge surprise and what not.
I hope they don't continue it this way. Most European clubs feed the rumors. MCFC for example always releases presses about players linked to going out and coming in and so on. What do you guys think?
Again, I'm cool with it right now but I hope in the future they get rid of the serious hush hush approach and use this as an opportunity to fuel fan excitement.
They just report on the rumors as they are being reported in the press. They don't actually give any idea one way or the other on whether they are actually true.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
We do a 'what the media says' (although I can't say I read this). This section isn't there just to discuss incoming transfers, it's also a useful tool to banish any stupid rumours (Aguero to Real Madrid, Micah Richards to Un*ted etc.).

When it comes to actual signings, the club doesn't utter a word. We've had a few signings in the past where we haven't caught wind of it until the player is signed, sealed, delivered and photographed for the official website.

Why drag out a rumour from the start of the bidding for a player right through until he signs a contract (deals can go on for a heck of a long time) when you can keep it quiet and bang it on your OS with a simple "he's here, enjoy".
Exactly this