It Is Catching The Football More Importance In Usa?

Maine Road, God I miss the standing Kippax, I wish they would bring back standing....
Hosted the biggest attended and the smallest attended matches (officially 13 IIRC) ever in England

I think you underestimate how big football is in England, we might not get
the attendances you do (American football), which may be down to violence previously, & the price
of tickets now, but nearly everyone has a club (even if they just say they do).

I will say the American football attendances are mental though, apart from Wembley stadium
the highest ever attended football game in the country was our very own Manchester City
vs Stoke City in an FA cup game, it still holds the record today for any club ground
in England. 85,000 people packed into Maine Road, back in the day when there were
hardly any seats & everyone stood up on the terracing.
Based on your numbers I'd say England's unhealthy love for football is on par with Middle America's unhealthy love for football.

If you want to see some crazy numbers, checkout NASCAR. National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NASCAR_tracks
Indianapolis Motor Speedway: 257,000
A QUARTER FUCKING MILLION!!
I thought this picture was kinda cool. A stadium the size of the Vatican...
howbig_700.jpg

Further digging finds that it never actually reached capacity though. It was only able to reach 225,000. Pathetic!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sporting_venues_with_a_highest_attendance_of_100,000_or_more
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...32_1_loveliest-race-indy-world-s-biggest-race

And if you're completely ignorant to the US's most ridiculous sport. NASCAR is a bunch of cars covered in advertisements that drive in circles.

If we're discussing attendances here, it's worth mentioning that attendances in the UK are far, far lower than they were 50 or even 100 years ago. There was a time when most football clubs would build their stadia to hold a capacity of 70-80,000 - even those who weren't in the top divisions - and FA Cup finals used to draw a frankly terrifying attendance figure every year.

The highest recorded attendance figure for a game in the UK is an international match between England and Scotland which drew 149,415 fans in 1937. The 1950 World Cup final had an attendance of over 200,000. And then there's the game which is popularly believed to hold the highest attendance of all time (unofficial as they simply couldn't count most of the crowd) which is the 1923 FA Cup Final between West Ham and Bolton, where they believe that 300,000 people attended a game in a stadium designed to hold 127,000. This was back in the days when there were no rules about where people stood - they literally just packed in all the way to the edges of the pitch. Crowds were so heavy that day that the players were forced to abandon their coaches a mile away from Wembley and walk the rest of the way.

In fact, if you read into it there's a number of interesting stories from those days, of matches having to be abandoned because of crowds growing so thick that they spilled onto the pitch. Referees were normally actually quite happy to allow this (because match attendance was so high you simply couldn't stop it, you knew the replay was going to be exactly the same if you abandoned the match) but matches occasionally had to be stopped when the attendance got so high that players started struggling to actually reach the goals because the crowds were overlapping the posts.

Some pics of the 1923 FA Cup Final, to compare to others above:

article-2048402-039FA7C40000044D-774_468x349.jpg

Wembley%20Crowd%20during%201923%20FA%20Cup%20Final.jpg

the-f-a-cup-final-at-wembley-stadium-1923.jpg

Based on your numbers I'd say England's unhealthy love for football is on par with Middle America's unhealthy love for football.

If you want to see some crazy numbers, checkout NASCAR. National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NASCAR_tracks
Indianapolis Motor Speedway: 257,000
A QUARTER FUCKING MILLION!!
I thought this picture was kinda cool. A stadium the size of the Vatican...
howbig_700.jpg

Further digging finds that it never actually reached capacity though. It was only able to reach 225,000. Pathetic!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sporting_venues_with_a_highest_attendance_of_100,000_or_more
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...32_1_loveliest-race-indy-world-s-biggest-race

And if you're completely ignorant to the US's most ridiculous sport. NASCAR is a bunch of cars covered in advertisements that drive in circles.

I've been to Daytona. You don't understand just how huge these things are until you stand in the infield and look up at the turns and realize that they're the size of three story buildings. NASCAR is a lot of fun to attend in person, as TV doesn't do it justice.

And yes, I live in the South, why do you ask?

Reactions: Soccerfanatic94
I've been to Daytona. You don't understand just how huge these things are until you stand in the infield and look up at the turns and realize that they're the size of three story buildings. NASCAR is a lot of fun to attend in person, as TV doesn't do it justice.

I went to Pocono and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Plus, there is free shit EVERYWHERE, free merch, free swag, free drinks, free shirts, free tobacco, free alcohol, free motherfucking shit. EVERYWHERE

Now you've got me laughing lmao
Do you know what AMP is? The Energy Drink? When I went, they were just starting to roll out AMP and so as we were walking out after the race they had VATS (no other word I can think of to describe the size) of cans of AMP. They said we could take as much as we could carry. That was about 75 cans... my dad and I had a lot of bags and a very short walk back to the car lmfao

Growing up my dad was a big NASCAR and Drag Racing guy. Next to Joe Montana my favorite athlete was Alan Kulwicki (RIP). Anything negative about NASCAR I say in jest

Do you know what AMP is? The Energy Drink? When I went, they were just starting to roll out AMP and so as we were walking out after the race they had VATS (no other word I can think of to describe the size) of cans of AMP. They said we could take as much as we could carry. That was about 75 cans... my dad and I had a lot of bags and a very short walk back to the car lmfao

I got 6 cans of AMP myself when we went to a race at Bristol. I root for Junior so I definitely know what AMP is.

Which reminds me, what do people think about instead of calling the other NY club the Pink Cows or whatever calling them the NY AMP or some other energy drink to promote RB's competitors?

I got 6 cans of AMP myself when we went to a race at Bristol. I root for Junior so I definitely know what AMP is.

Which reminds me, what do people think about instead of calling the other NY club the Pink Cows or whatever calling them the NY AMP or some other energy drink to promote RB's competitors?
YES WOO! GO JUNIOR! I was named after Dale senior (RIP). Also love Truex because he's a Jersey Boy