Jack Harrison [Midfielder]

Rumors Newcastle is sniffing around. Anyone have any thoughts? I'd prefer he stay at Leeds personally .

Leeds is perfect., unless Marsch rates someone else higher, which I doubt. I don’t think Leeds have brought anyone in who can play there.

When I was in London and saw Harrison's hat trick against West Ham, what impressed more than the goals was how consistently dangerous he was down that left side. He dominated West Ham's right back that day launching several dangerous balls into the box.

Reactions: moogoo
Looks like Leicester have made an offer for Jack
Interesting. Leicester and Leeds are tied on both Points and Differential, and Leeds has a game in hand, so Jack would not be moving up with a transfer. I'm not sure what his motivation would be. They both have foreign privately held corporate ownership. Can Leicester pay significantly more?

I have seen an argument that Harrison's skills aren't as well utilized in Red Bull Ball. The numbers on that are inconclusive.

In 59 EPL appearances under Bielsa, Harrison had 12 goals and 9 assists, which translates into .356 goal actions per game and .414 per 90.

In 29 EPL appearances under Marsch, Harrison has had 5 goals and 4 assists, which translates into .310 goal actions per game and .381 per 90.

Those are not big differences, although there has been a drop off under Marsch. Perhaps importantly (perhaps not), his output is even lower if you only look at this season. In 17 2022/23 EPL appearances under Marsch, he has had 1 goal and 4 assists, which is .294 goal actions per game and .378 per 90.

So, there is a difference, and it is trending in the wrong direction, but it's not huge.