Jason Kreis On Soccer Morning This Morning

I
I dont see lampard being a non-dp but my thought process is Mix can be had for say $500K which would be more than DP salary hit but not far over it enough to us the DP spot. I am counting a higher cap this year around $4M and even if we get mix for say $500K plus three DP's thats only about $1.6M which leaves $2.4M for the remaining 16 players which is plenty , avg of $150K per player. We are a bit behind the 8 ball with no homegrown players prospects for many years to come and no allocation money to buy down the DP cap hits. Hopefully MLS gives us some sort of cap benefit until our academy is more established. As a bit of a front office nerd, I cant wait until we start getting some CBA information
It'll be interesting to see what changes. As an English football fan I can't say I know too much regarding the CBA. Could someone explain it a bit?

I

It'll be interesting to see what changes. As an English football fan I can't say I know too much regarding the CBA. Could someone explain it a bit?
In the USA, we have a salary cap and a bunch of other rules such as designated players, allocation order, the draft etc. There is a section of this site that has explanations all of the rules so i wont get into that. But, the CBA is the collective bargaining agreement, every five years or so the players and the owners(the league) get together and agree on these rules. I.E. what the salary cap will be , how many Designated players each team can get etc. This coming season the CBA negotiations conicide with the new TV deal which would lead us to believe the salary cap should see a signigicant increase. As fans we hopeful that the TV money trickles down the salary cap which would mean the MLS would be able to afford more quality players. Depending on the final number, this negotiation could have a huge impact on MLS quality for the 5 years.

Reactions: Across the Pond
In the USA, we have a salary cap and a bunch of other rules such as designated players, allocation order, the draft etc. There is a section of this site that has explanations all of the rules so i wont get into that. But, the CBA is the collective bargaining agreement, every five years or so the players and the owners(the league) get together and agree on these rules. I.E. what the salary cap will be , how many Designated players each team can get etc. This coming season the CBA negotiations conicide with the new TV deal which would lead us to believe the salary cap should see a signigicant increase. As fans we hopeful that the TV money trickles down the salary cap which would mean the MLS would be able to afford more quality players. Depending on the final number, this negotiation could have a huge impact on MLS quality for the 5 years.
Thanks, that's helped a lot.
I'd think that the owners have planned NYCFC with the current rules in place. So if anything changes it'd be a bonus. If we signed Mix would he play Centre Mid or behind the striker/attacking behind.

Wow MLS has some vague rules. My thought when Kreis said that was that Mix would be non-DP because his salary would prob above the $387K but not exceed it by enough to warranty DP. I would think they plan on using DP's for players earning well into the millions and just take the cap hit for a guy like Mix, we shall see. I dont doubt your information at all as it is pretty consistent with the MLS make it up as you go rules. Just hoping my scenario plays out. Thanks for responding
Actually there are a few ways to get a player for DP money but not have them be DPs. One way is to get them and pay down their salary with"allocation money". If Mix wants just a little more than DP money, we can do this.

Another way is a "special discovery signing.". These essentially allow you to buy a DP player as long as he's young.

Yeah, I hope the new CBA streamlines these rules.

Without having any in depth knowledge of the MLS, I was wondering what the reputation of Kreis is like in America? Is he one of the best managers over there? Is he a popular manager who plays good football?

Without having any in depth knowledge of the MLS, I was wondering what the reputation of Kreis is like in America? Is he one of the best managers over there? Is he a popular manager who plays good football?
Considered the best but with a bit of a reputation of losing big games.

He took what should have been the smallest and weakest club and turned it into a juggernaut in MLS on a shoestring budget. Came within a goal of winning Champions League years back. Still the only MLS club to reach the Final.

This article paints a great picture about Jason Kreis:

http://www.realsaltlake.com/news/20...ulsive-desire-coaching-success-real-salt-lake

Some interesting facts about Jason Kreis:

• Was drafted as player for the MLS for it's inaugural season in 1995.
  • Scored the first ever goal for the MLS team Dallas Burn in 1995.
  • Was selected as the first ever player for new franchise Real Salt Lake in 2004.
  • Scored the first ever goal for Real Salt Lake.
  • Retired in 2007 and became coach of Real Salt Lake.
  • In his inaugural season as head coach of Real Salt Lake, he swapped out 25 of 28 players from 2007 to 2008, including stars like Freddy Adu. He built a new team from scratch and did very well.

This man has a ton of experience in being in new frontiers and in building new teams.

Another interesting factoid is this:

petke.gif

The tall guy with the stupid bleach blonde hair is Mike Petke, now the manager of New York Red Bull and Emperor of the Sweater vest.

petke2.jpg

The short guy he's fighting with -- Jason Kreis, manager of NYCFC. :D

jason-kreis.jpg

Last edited:
Another interesting factoid is this:

petke.gif

The tall guy with the stupid bleach blonde hair is Mike Petke, now the manager of New York Red Bull and Emperor of the Sweater vest.

petke2.jpg

The short guy he's fighting with -- Jason Kreis, manager of NYCFC. :D

Kreis responds with humor and class. Petke just headbutts him. I think we'll be using that gif a bunch more as the NY derby heats up

Kreis seems like a great choice of coach for you lot, young, innovative, courageous in a footballing sense and he carries himself with a lot of class and dignity as well.

Jason will be the first major club manager in England one day

Jason will be the first major club manager in England one day
Everyone believes he'll replace Jurgen Klinsmann as USMNT coach...

It'll be interesting to see what happens. This is really a new challenge for him. He's shown he can build a winner from nothing but can he build a winner with massive egos that maybe don't respect him or the league in the same way as his old squad did?

Everyone believes he'll replace Jurgen Klinsmann as USMNT coach...

It'll be interesting to see what happens. This is really a new challenge for him. He's shown he can build a winner from nothing but can he build a winner with massive egos that maybe don't respect him or the league in the same way as his old squad did?

Good point. I think he has taken this issues seriously. He constantly tells the media the he is looking for character and commitment from his DP's rather than a specific type of player/position. In the past he hasn't been afraid of dropping big names from the squad and he has been known to be very strict with a disciplined approach.

But like you said, this is a different set of players that might feel bigger than the league. He is looking for competitors, Villa is definitely a competitor. I have never been a to excited about Lampard and if he isn't 100% excited to come over I don't think it'll be a good fit.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Who is everyone?

I would argue Tab Ramos is being groomed