Jon Lewis US U-20 thread

Based on what I've seen across these 3 games, we made the right decision with skipping Ebobisse. We got the more technical and intelligent player, for sure.

Plus, I don't want to say never, but I don't see NYCFC ever not having a DP striker.

Competition not withstanding, an impressive effort from him today.

I know that he was told he could be a left sided version of Jack Harrison. I think he can have that impact too.

Different players though. Lewis seems more creative. Jack looks to score and is more direct. He actually reminds me of the offensive version of Matarrita when he flies up the wing. Wants to put the ball in the box. Will be brutal to defend on the counter

We are all super fans for spending the beginning of our weekends watching Tab Ramos and his U20 kids play on Univision-something (or better yet, a Facebook stream) for the sake of glimpsing our draft pick. #iamnotashamed

I know that he was told he could be a left sided version of Jack Harrison. I think he can have that impact too.

Different players though. Lewis seems more creative. Jack looks to score and is more direct. He actually reminds me of the offensive version of Matarrita when he flies up the wing. Wants to put the ball in the box. Will be brutal to defend on the counter
So you liked my scouting report? Sounds like you agree.

It's hard to tell, but he's possibly faster, right? And I think he's definitely got more acceleration.

We are all super fans for spending the beginning of our weekends watching Tab Ramos and his U20 kids play on Univision-something (or better yet, a Facebook stream) for the sake of glimpsing our draft pick. #iamnotashamed
For whatever reason, UDN isn't on my cable package and the Facebook was streaming beach soccerwarz, so I watched an illegal stream of the Hispanic broadcast. So no one here dare lay claim my loser tag. I have sole possession for tonight anyway.

I disagree here I've seen him play a lot and even in the combine he is very direct and likes to go to goal a lot. He has a great goal scoring record when he was in youth academy and with the national but for some reason the national team they want him to stay wide and just run at players and cross. When I watched him against Jacksonville university he was more direct and cut in and shot a lot.

I disagree here I've seen him play a lot and even in the combine he is very direct and likes to go to goal a lot. He has a great goal scoring record when he was in youth academy and with the national but for some reason the national team they want him to stay wide and just run at players and cross. When I watched him against Jacksonville university he was more direct and cut in and shot a lot.

Watched him at youth academy/Akron? The combine? And the Jacksonville U game?

Who are you? NYCFC scout? If so, WELCOME sir!!! Thanks for the insight!!!

So you liked my scouting report? Sounds like you agree.

It's hard to tell, but he's possibly faster, right? And I think he's definitely got more acceleration.

Yes

And yes. He's definitely faster. Quicker? Don't know. Jack is very quick twitch

J Jason Richards may be right. Sounds like he's seen him more than all of us.

I worry about his slight frame. Jack reworked his body. Different player now