Khiry Shelton [Forward]

Great to se Khiry score his first goal, and what an important goal. Hopefully it won't be his last this season!

I think we need to be especially patient with him. He isn't going to break out until year 2 in my book.

He hasn't contributed that much. But neither has anybody else so he's still the best option.

ahhsome!

LRsn94B.jpg

He's having more impact as a sub so far. Would love for him to be a starter eventually, but for now, keep bringing him in around the 60' mark when the defense is worn down.

Anyone know about this MCL sprain he's listed as having? I was wondering why I haven't seen him the past few games.

Anyone know about this MCL sprain he's listed as having? I was wondering why I haven't seen him the past few games.
Its a ligament on the inside of the knee. It can stretch and tear to varying degrees with a valgus stress on the knee. Given the 4 week estimated recovery time, I think that he probably has a mild grade II or a bad grade I sprain. The MCL is structural in that the knee is unstable if it tears completely, but it is not complicated like the cruciate ligaments or a meniscal tear would be. With normal anti-inflammatory therapy (rest, ice compression and elevation) and a graduated return to activity, he'll be as good as new with very little chance of residuals.

Its a ligament on the inside of the knee. It can stretch and tear to varying degrees with a valgus stress on the knee. Given the 4 week estimated recovery time, I think that he probably has a mild grade II or a bad grade I sprain. The MCL is structural in that the knee is unstable if it tears completely, but it is not complicated like the cruciate ligaments or a meniscal tear would be. With normal anti-inflammatory therapy (rest, ice compression and elevation) and a graduated return to activity, he'll be as good as new with very little chance of residuals.

But safe to assume its something they will be really careful not to rush?

Thank you Dr. Rosenrosen

Reactions: FootyLovin
But safe to assume its something they will be really careful not to rush?
There is an established protocol for return to play. As he hits benchmarks, he is cleared to the next phase. everything can go faster or slower depending on his body's healing time.

Reactions: JayH
When did his injury happen? Haven't heard of it. That is unfortunate. Wonder when he returns.