Khiry Shelton [Forward]

A week ago, wed or thurs. The club sucks with info, and they've been tragically wrong with estimates in the past (Calle/Williams), but I've heard a four week estimated return. That gets him back for Montreal away 7/4
Great. Thanks. My experience with a similar MCL injury was also 4 weeks recovery. But that was to get back playing, not back to game fitness. I'm not a professional athlete though, far from it, so 4 weeks is probably pretty close unless there are any set backs.

Reactions: TommyM
images
maxresdefault.jpg
fletch-chase_240.jpg

I have an unnatural love for Chevy Chase, lol
Top 5 all time movie.

I knew I wanted to marry my then girlfriend when I said "whoops" and she responded "whoops? What do you mean whoops? Don't say whoops."

I'm really looking forward to his return. He's certainly not the most polished of players but he adds an undeniable level of excitement.

Reactions: TommyM
A month later and he's still hurt. NYCFC is the worst with their injury report. Do we even know how he got hurt?

Reactions: FootyLovin
MCL sprains are tricky. You don't want to go back prematurely because you risk injuring your ACL which could be disastrous to a career (see Onyewu and Holden).

Reactions: FootyLovin
There's no point of having him back until he's 100% healthy. Hell, I even go far as to say he might as well take the rest of the season off to get better in the shape this team is in. Adding Khiry to the formation even as a sub wouldn't do much for this team to get three points.

Reactions: JayH
Adding Khiry to the formation even as a sub wouldn't do much for this team to get three points.
Not sure I agree with this. If we start our best XI we have no one who is a game changer off the bench. Khiry's speed is game changing.

That said, I'd rather sit him down extra games to be sure about his health. Too many injuries already this year.