Knicks...

lordpyrodagr8

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Sep 12, 2014
So this upset me today and I wanted to get others take on it. What I'm talking about is, the reply back to a long time Knicks fan from the ownership... Disrespectful, Disgraceful. I feel that as NY fans we are being treated by our organizations as if we don't matter.

Attachments

• IMG_20150209_102257.jpg
    IMG_20150209_102257.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 392
Reactions: LostAnvil
To be fair - despite their signatures, neither person was "respectful" - Irving didn't start the conversation off well, but Dolan's response was way, way, way overboard - yeesh

Dolan is supposed to take the higher ground and not fly off the handle and respond in less than an hour to the initial email.

The Knicks need A LOT of work. A good start would be new management / ownership. I can't even watch my Knicks anymore. I can't take it.

Dolan is supposed to take the higher ground and not fly off the handle and respond in less than an hour to the initial email.

The Knicks need A LOT of work. A good start would be new management / ownership. I can't even watch my Knicks anymore. I can't take it.
Yeah, Dolan took the vindictive road through a tunnel to the center of the earth

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
thats not the type of language you expect and NBA owner use when replying to a disgruntled fan. i dont even think dolan got or will get any warning from the league.

its just depressing seeing my knicks go year after year and still stuck making bad decisions. no progress or signs in a long term project has been even attempted it seems.

guess its still going to be a LONG time till another 99' type run

I always get crap for saying this, but the first step in making the Knicks better is to get rid of ISO Melo.

The guy has superstar talent, but he doesn't have the drive to win (when the going gets tough) and doesn't make guys around him better.

I always get crap for saying this, but the first step in making the Knicks better is to get rid of ISO Melo.

The guy has superstar talent, but he doesn't have the drive to win (when the going gets tough) and doesn't make guys around him better.
Exactly! (What's ISO mean, though?)

He seems like a shitty teammate too

Exactly! (What's ISO mean, though?)
ISO as in ISOLATION or "insolation-heavy offense" usually associated with Carmelo.

Basically, when Carmelo gets the ball, he brings the offense to a halt and he takes his man one-on-one, doesn't pass the ball and all his teammates can do is just stand around and wait for Melo to either make his shot or miss. It's the exact opposite of the passing, moving without the ball offense past Knick coach Mike D'Antoni tried to use in NY (and probably why the Knicks can't seem to get the Phil Jackson triangle offense working with Melo in the lineup).

ISO as in ISOLATION or "insolation-heavy offense" usually associated with Carmelo.

Basically, when Carmelo gets the ball, he brings the offense to a halt and he takes his man one-on-one, doesn't pass the ball and all his teammates can do is just stand around and wait for Melo to either make his shot or miss. It's the exact opposite of the passing, moving without the ball offense past Knick coach Mike D'Antoni tried to use in NY (and probably why the Knicks can't seem to get the Phil Jackson triangle offense working with Melo in the lineup).
Interesting - thanks for that! My wife has been a Knick fan her whole life, so I've been catching up the last few years - and I, in turn, have been doing the same for her with soccer

Yeah, I love the idea of Melo in NY being that he's from here but he just isn't helping the team get to another level. The scoring is great but that's it. This injury of his could be a big turning point for the Knicks x Melo relationship. Interested to see what happens going forward.

We need to get a top 3 pick, hopefully get Okafor and get that big and maybe get Wes Matthews or Dragic as long as we don't over pay for them because they are 2nd tier free agents.

Kristaps Porzingis is the 4th pick in the NBA Draft. I was completely baffled by the pick but after looking into him more and hearing him speak, I think this could be magic. I think the kid has the perfect temperament for Phil Jackson and all reports say his ability is legit. If he can put the weight on to fill out his skill set he may be the scoring help that Carmelo needs.

The Jerian Grant trade might be a huge sleeper too. That kid was second in Player of the Year voting. That's major.

Kristaps Porzingis is the 4th pick in the NBA Draft. I was completely baffled by the pick but after looking into him more and hearing him speak, I think this could be magic. I think the kid has the perfect temperament for Phil Jackson and all reports say his ability is legit. If he can put the weight on to fill out his skill set he may be the scoring help that Carmelo needs.

after all these years i dont mind trying to actually build a team. Problem is everyone wants the "win now" mentality all these years and it gets half assed and then were are no where near a competitive team for the title and giving up many draft picks and stuck with bad contracts.

The only concern i have with the build a team is that if dolan has no patience and lets go of phil jackson after two years and then brings in Isiah or something and blow the thing up and we are back to where we have been all these years.

Reactions: roxfontaine
I'm very disappointed having just arrived at this thread to discover that "Knicks" wasn't code for something NYCFC related.

Knicks openly tank during the 2018/19 season and get the 3rd pick in the draft.

They will suck for another 20 years.