Lampard Debut This Saturday (i Know...)

Igpd5Ti.png
Did you shop that "?"? Either way, I'm impressed at someone's sense of humor.

I, for one, will be cheering. Not like I did for Pirlo. But he's our player. I want him to perform. I don't want him feeling lousy as he steps onto the pitch. I want him pumped up and hungry for goal.
He's got about 6 million reasons to do that already. A few thousand people letting off steam for 10 seconds shouldn't be too much of a bother.

I, for one, will be cheering. Not like I did for Pirlo. But he's our player. I want him to perform. I don't want him feeling lousy as he steps onto the pitch. I want him pumped up and hungry for goal.
I totally get the idea that you want to be loyal and supportive. I'm much more cynical and pragmatic in my fandom, but I can appreciate your approach.

But what I don't credit is the idea that some boos are going to negatively affect his performance. He can either hear some boos, curl up and whine, or show more resolve to shut up the boos. If he really is the first type of player -- why the hell is anyone anxious to have him on our team?

I totally get the idea that you want to be loyal and supportive. I'm much more cynical and pragmatic in my fandom, but I can appreciate your approach.

But what I don't credit is the idea that some boos are going to negatively affect his performance. He can either hear some boos, curl up and whine, or show more resolve to shut up the boos. If he really is the first type of player -- why the hell is anyone anxious to have him on our team?
I get your point and I don't expect boos to cause someone to curl up in fetal position. But I do expect boos vs cheers to have some effect on player morale, adrenaline and performance. If I didn't think that, why cheer? Why chant? Why even go to the games? Why believe in home field advantage at all?

Of course, home field advantage does exist. It affects the players and the refs. And we all believe our cheers matter. That's why we say "we" when talking about "our team" rather than "they." We believe we are a part of it. And if I am a part of it, I am going to cheer. In the locker room or on the practice field or on the online forums I might complain, but on game day, we are a unit. We are a team. And I cheer my teammates.

If you're going to boo anybody, boo CFG.

I'm unhappy with the way the Lampard/Man City deal went down, and I'm even more so that there were lies thrown around. But Lampard never stays at Man City for a whole season if some people that are much more important decision makers than him don't give him that option (and strongly encourage him to take it).

I understand where we are on the CFG totem pole. I get that playing in the Champions League and battling for the Premier League title are tempting challenges for just about any player to take. Lampard got his bad karma with injuries, Man City's trophy campaigns sputtering, and a seat on the bench for much of the last few months.

Let's move on and let's let Lampard get on with his job.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. We suffered. Yet even more. How is this hard to understand?

If he were so rearing to go. Aww. To hell with it. Reason doesn't guide those positions.

I hope frank comes onto the pitch and shows u guys what he is all about. Frank can turn his back to boo's or bad feeling. He had enough when he went to Man City. He was getting death threats and all sorts of grief. Then when he equalised against Chelsea, had the full stadium singing his name, he knew how to deal with it. So I reckon he can handle it. I personally would NEVER boo one of my own team. But that's my opinion. It sounds Like frank needs to hit the ground running otherwise he will have a long hill to climb in what should be a fitting finale to his career. He may take time to adjust, he may not.i hope the team gets the playoffs, and that it doesn't all hinge on one player, especially if a lot want to boo him.....

I hope frank comes onto the pitch and shows u guys what he is all about. Frank can turn his back to boo's or bad feeling. He had enough when he went to Man City. He was getting death threats and all sorts of grief. Then when he equalised against Chelsea, had the full stadium singing his name, he knew how to deal with it. So I reckon he can handle it. I personally would NEVER boo one of my own team. But that's my opinion. It sounds Like frank needs to hit the ground running otherwise he will have a long hill to climb in what should be a fitting finale to his career. He may take time to adjust, he may not.i hope the team gets the playoffs, and that it doesn't all hinge on one player, especially if a lot want to boo him.....
Don't think you'll find a single dissenting voice, here, outside of what you clearly state is your opinion. If our manager keeps us playing with one hand behind our back with his starting selections, I fear it won't matter how good Frank can be.

Frank looked like a man who hasn't played in a long time today. In order to get to the playoffs, we'll need him to step up quickly. We'l also apparently need Ferran to require that Kreis submit his lineups for approval before he turns them in.

Don't think you'll find a single dissenting voice, here, outside of what you clearly state is your opinion. If our manager keeps us playing with one hand behind our back with his starting selections, I fear it won't matter how good Frank can be.

Frank looked like a man who hasn't played in a long time today. In order to get to the playoffs, we'll need him to step up quickly. We'l also apparently need Ferran to require that Kreis submit his lineups for approval before he turns them in.

It's good he got some minutes today, even though that's not the change we probably needed at the time. Hopefully he'll kick on and get into match fitness in the coming weeks.

Now I understand that we're all pretty upset about that lineup that featured today, but can you imagine any Manager having to submit their line-ups for approval before hand? Would we really want that in a club, would any manager really submit to that? I'm not too sure.
I just hope that people like Grabavoy have had their last chance in the starting 11, and hopefully the manager will start making better decision [which who knows if that's capable after today's debacle.]

Reactions: Gavin23
It's good he got some minutes today, even though that's not the change we probably needed at the time. Hopefully he'll kick on and get into match fitness in the coming weeks.

Now I understand that we're all pretty upset about that lineup that featured today, but can you imagine any Manager having to submit their line-ups for approval before hand? Would we really want that in a club, would any manager really submit to that? I'm not too sure.
I just hope that people like Grabavoy have had their last chance in the starting 11, and hopefully the manager will start making better decision [which who knows if that's capable after today's debacle.]
I would presume we would never know if a manager did agree to it. I'm sure it has happened more than a couple of times. I've never been in this situation as a fan, frankly. Usually, there are arguably wrong decisions involved when a manager fails. Our manager makes decisions that aren't arguable. They are inarguably wrong.

Reactions: Gavin23
If it wasn't completely disrespectful, we could cheer "Lampard" doing the Star Spangled Banner when the lyric is "rampart". O'er the LAMPARDS we watch'd!

Now I understand that we're all pretty upset about that lineup that featured today, but can you imagine any Manager having to submit their line-ups for approval before hand?
That's the whole point. A good manager shouldn't have to submit a line up for approval. Kreis should never submit a lineup for approval but if he sends out enough garbage lineups he should be relieved of the responsibility.

Given that I said we shouldn't because it is disrespectful, does your "nope" mean we should?

Unless you're singing the entire national anthem, anything even loudly shouting one word of the actual anthem, I find to be disrespectful.

Unless you're singing the entire national anthem, anything even loudly shouting one word of the actual anthem, I find to be disrespectful.
Do you read posts before replying them?

I've just watched the highlights of the game, and what a great reception you guys gave to him. And a nice cut back for the second goal. Sky sports described it as a standing ovation when he came on. I'm glad because my original post was made after reading several other posts on here about not giving him the best reception unless he proves himself. Frank said he was gutted about the result and admitted he needed to get match fit. Game time will give him that. 2 or 3 more games and he should be there.The atmosphere sounded pretty good and your defensive line is not great ( keeper on both goals?) stick with it guys, your not that far away from becoming challengers. If not this season, then next.

Reactions: afoulkesuk