Lampard Out Vs Ne Revolution

People will mock us again over this but its pretty smart. No reason to risk him playing on turf coming off a calf injury. He'll get extra rest and hopefully (keyword there) he'll be 100% vs Orlando

People will mock us again over this but its pretty smart. No reason to risk him playing on turf coming off a calf injury. He'll get extra rest and hopefully (keyword there) he'll be 100% vs Orlando
Hopefully is right. I mean, he's gotta play at least one match for us before the all star game. Which I'd rather he didn't play in, for that matter.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
CFG: JK you need to play Frank instead of Grabavoy.
Kreis: Frank is injured.
Lampard: No I'm not, I'm fine, feeling much better.
CFG: What?
Kreis: Nothing -- here's your nine pence.
Lampard: I'm not injured!
CFG: Here -- he says he's not injured
Kreis: Yes, he is.
Lampard: I'm not!
CFG: He isn't.
Kreis: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.
Lampard: I'm getting better!
Kreis: No, you're not -- you'll be stone dead in a moment.

tumblr_nfie76sltQ1u0k6deo1_500.jpg

The embarrassment continues. Pirlo is going to play before this guy does. If he's out this long than this calf injury must be a lot worse than they're revealing.

Reactions: Kjbert
My prediction, Lampard debuts at home against Orlando, and Pirlo debuts at home the following week at home against Montreal. Knock at practice or not, I always thought the idea of his arriving in training, and then featuring that week was way too aggressive and unrealistic. I feel the same way about Pirlo showing up on the 21st and featuring on the 26th. I will let someone else bring up the marketing/promotional upside of staggering their debuts :)

Reactions: SayWhat44
He told Neil Barnett, who is Mr. Chelsea, that he will play.

It's about to become an issue if he doesn't. I'm as patient as anyone - but he needs to be there.

Reactions: northernburbs
My prediction, Lampard debuts at home against Orlando, and Pirlo debuts at home the following week at home against Montreal. Knock at practice or not, I always thought the idea of his arriving in training, and then featuring that week was way too aggressive and unrealistic. I feel the same way about Pirlo showing up on the 21st and featuring on the 26th. I will let someone else bring up the marketing/promotional upside of staggering their debuts :)
Most likely the scenario but don't think for a second they won't delay the shit out of that announcement to get more ticket sales vs Orlando.

giphy.gif

his first game will be the all star game at this rate, where he gets injured and never plays for us

Reactions: Kjbert
If it's true that he's going to debut against Orlando...

... that game is going to be outrageous.
It will, of course, be one of two games I miss all year due to pre-planned vacation.

This puts a major cramp in my plans to "celebrate" Fat Frank's arrival.

Can we please get "You're the one for me, Fatty" on the Third Rail songlist?

Edit: I've already got the chant.

"You're the one for us, Frankie.
You're the one we really, really love.
We hope you stay
Promise us this time you'll stay."

This notion that soccer players need time before they can start is absurd if you ask me. These guys are some of the best players the game has ever seen. They can easily adjust. Actually, I feel like the rest of the team needs to adjust to them. It would be the same as if you traded for a guy in MLB, and then made him wait two weeks before he can start. That's just ridiculous. This is the thing I hate about soccer. Players are treated like little babies. Suit up, get on the field, and earn your fucking paycheck.

If Lampard and Pirlo don't start on the 26th, then that's just a pile of horseshit.

Last edited:
Hold it, I thought Franky was coming here in shape from ManCity. Not true you say?

THIS is why building your team around celebrity old players is a bad bad idea.

Eh. I agree this is the risk in buying an old player. But who could we have realistically gotten of his cache or talent? I think the riskier move all along was Orlando getting Kaka. That guy hasn't been fully healthy in ages. Now he's having a renaissance. Lampard has never been injured. Always fit. Great career and would fit well in with this team.

But you built a team around him and now he doesn't play? Not to mention the Garber All-Star fiasco.

He needs to be there on Saturday night. It's a disaster if he isn't.

This notion that soccer players need time before they can start is absurd if you ask me. These guys are some of the best players the game has ever seen. They can easily adjust. Actually, I feel like the rest of the team needs to adjust to them. It would be the same as if you traded for a guy in MLB, and giving him two weeks before he can start. That's just ridiculous. This is the thing I hate about soccer. Players are treated like little babies. Suit up, get on the field, and earn your fucking paycheck.

If Lampard and Pirlo don't start on the 26th, then that's just a pile of horseshit.
Don't disagree with most of this, but don't think it's purely tactical. I think it's more of them being older, and the transition from long exhausting season (and least for Pirlo) to globe-trotting and beach time in Ibiza to just a few days of practice to be ready to be run out 90 minutes is possible but just as possibly not optimal.

Don't disagree with most of this, but don't think it's purely tactical. I think it's more of them being older, and the transition from long exhausting season (and least for Pirlo) to globe-trotting and beach time in Ibiza to just a few days of practice to be ready to be run out 90 minutes is possible but just as possibly not optimal.

That's valid, but if they feel like he's not 100% fit, then you still start him, and take him out in the second half. The longer they wait to play these guys, they less helpful they're going to be this season.

Reactions: JayH