Lampard Out Vs Ne Revolution

Don't disagree with most of this, but don't think it's purely tactical. I think it's more of them being older, and the transition from long exhausting season (and least for Pirlo) to globe-trotting and beach time in Ibiza to just a few days of practice to be ready to be run out 90 minutes is possible but just as possibly not optimal.

We aren't even asking for 90...he's not even dressing. You're telling me Lampard can't be ready to make a 20 minute cameo in MLS by now?

Lampard began training on July 1 and was expected to debut against Toronto, 11 days later. Now we are debating whether he will debut against New England, 17 days later.

Pirlo is scheduled to begin training on Tuesday and will hopefully debut the following Sunday, 5 days later, but there has been no official announcement.

Iraola and Angelino begain training a few days after Lampard and made their debut against Toronto on the 12th.

CFG: JK you need to play Frank instead of Grabavoy.
Kreis: Frank is injured.
Lampard: No I'm not, I'm fine, feeling much better.
CFG: What?
Kreis: Nothing -- here's your nine pence.
Lampard: I'm not injured!
CFG: Here -- he says he's not injured
Kreis: Yes, he is.
Lampard: I'm not!
CFG: He isn't.
Kreis: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.
Lampard: I'm getting better!
Kreis: No, you're not -- you'll be stone dead in a moment.

tumblr_nfie76sltQ1u0k6deo1_500.jpg
Ok, I don't think there has been nearly enough praise given on the board for this.

My vote for winner of the internet today.

This notion that soccer players need time before they can start is absurd if you ask me. These guys are some of the best players the game has ever seen. They can easily adjust. Actually, I feel like the rest of the team needs to adjust to them. It would be the same as if you traded for a guy in MLB, and then made him wait two weeks before he can start. That's just ridiculous. This is the thing I hate about soccer. Players are treated like little babies. Suit up, get on the field, and earn your fucking paycheck.

If Lampard and Pirlo don't start on the 26th, then that's just a pile of horseshit.
I get your point, but the comparison to MLB isn't good. Baseball is the one sport where a player can greatly succeed without being in sync with his teammates.

We aren't even asking for 90...he's not even dressing. You're telling me Lampard can't be ready to make a 20 minute cameo in MLS by now?
I simply was explaining my earlier comment as to why I didn't think Lampard would play the week he showed up, and why there is the possibility Pirlo may not play the week he shows up. I'm not even saying that I agree with either (my feeling is, march them out), just rationalizing why two old men may not be ready to play the week they show up or why the team may think that. As for Lampard, the fact that he may have gotten hurt is rather unfortunate for several reasons, including the fact that it continues to diminish his value to the team this season, and how it looks aesthetically given his long enduring mess of a story. With that said, if he does truly have a calf injury, I'm not suprised he's not playing on the rug. Pirlo very well may play against Orlando which would be awesome (other than the fact I have to miss the game due to a family obligation) - but I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't play that week. Like I said, I hope he does, even if it's for a half, he should be very well rested, and his game does not necessarily require playing or running a full 90.

Fuck that, Pirlo needs to be penciled in as as started the moment he gets off the plane back from his vacation. If we're serious about making the playoffs then we need him playing games ASAP. I don't care if its throwing him into the fire, the quicker he gets on the field for us the quicker he'll build chemistry with our midfield.

I get your point, but the comparison to MLB isn't good. Baseball is the one sport where a player can greatly succeed without being in sync with his teammates.

As someone who's played organized baseball his entire life, I can tell you that this isn't correct. I don't see a big difference.

In baseball there are many team related things you need to learn. Sure, a guy can go up there and smack 2 homeruns and have a great day, but they still need to learn things like the signs, the offense plays, the defensive plays. If they're a catcher or pitcher it's even more involved. But this is all stuff that pros know right away and pickup quickly, and soccer pros should be capable of this as well.

Soccer is a lot more organic than baseball. Things develop and evolve in an instant. Sure, you have formations, and strategy on set pieces, but players of Pirlo and Lampard quality can easily jump in and make a big impact. There's no need for them to train for two weeks before they can play on the field, especially in MLS. It's absurd.

This is what I'm talking about. Why the hell isn't he suiting up, even if he just comes on for 10 min at the end of the game? It's bullshit. The only logical explanation is that the injury is worse than they're revealing, and the NYCFC PR machine is in full operation.

Reactions: Kjbert
By missing this game his debut will come more than one year after his fraudulent signing announcement on July 24, 2014.

He will also have missed 59% of the season and counting......
Seems like yesterday that the Blue Moon were storming our boards swearing up and down there's no way he'd miss more than a game or two for us.... Meanwhile, 60% of the season later....

Those were the days. :D