Man City Discussion

My alarm didn't go off so I woke up at halftime. God these 7:45 AM start times are brutal for those in the U.S. If you're a fan in LA do you even go to sleep?

Man City first goal: Offside
Tot'num first goal: Completely Offside
Tot'num second goal: What the fuck backup goalkeeper?
Tot'num third goal: Offside
Tot'num fourth goal: What the fuck backup goalkeeper?
Yeah, that was all a bit of a bummer.

Yeah, that was all a bit of a bummer.

Joe Hart, you saw me crying alone
With a backup keeper in goal
And Tottenham Hotspur scoring all the goals.

I said Joe Hart, you saw me crying alone
With a backup keeping in goal
And Totthenham Hotspur scoring all the goals.

Last edited:
Just awful defending. This fixation on playing Demichelis is becoming Kreist-esque. As far as I'm aware Kompany was fit enough to play and there's no excuse for leaving him out. Demichelis was better last season but he's nowhere near Kompany's caliber. No idea why Hart was left out either, Caballero was more at fault than anyone.

Just awful defending. This fixation on playing Demichelis is becoming Kreist-esque. As far as I'm aware Kompany was fit enough to play and there's no excuse for leaving him out. Demichelis was better last season but he's nowhere near Kompany's caliber. No idea why Hart was left out either, Caballero was more at fault than anyone.
Kompany was a last minute scratch because he was sick. Hart was left out because they have a mid-week Champions League match on Wednesday and they wanted him there since they lost the previous one.

I guess, but Hart plays both the league and CL games all the time. I understand he didn't train until Friday but if he's fit enough to be on the bench he's fit enough to play.

I guess, but Hart plays both the league and CL games all the time. I understand he didn't train until Friday but if he's fit enough to be on the bench he's fit enough to play.
Don't remember what happened last year as they were out pretty quick, but the year before I'm pretty sure Pantillimon played the other competitions. I think the reasoning behind having Hart play in the Champions League is that they don't want to go out as quickly as they did last time, so this year it has a higher priority.

Well, Pantilimon had gone to Sunderland in summer 2014. Caballero actually only made two league appearances last season, IIRC one was before a CL match but the other was New Year's Day. Hart played every other game, including all the CL group games and the last 16 of the CL last year. Thought he performed well in all of the CL games honestly.

Well, Pantilimon had gone to Sunderland in summer 2014. Caballero actually only made two league appearances last season, IIRC one was before a CL match but the other was New Year's Day. Hart played every other game, including all the CL group games and the last 16 of the CL last year. Thought he performed well in all of the CL games honestly.
I think I need to yield to you on this as my recollection of last year's Champion's League is not near good enough to be sure of these things. Not sure I'd want to ask Hart to play both EPL and CL games though as that could be a lot of matches if we go far into the tournament.

Hamstring injury.......

12088069_1093079434071851_3108973207093530293_n.jpg

City vs. Norwich was certainly an interesting game. Holy Joe!
If that had been Saunders we'd be arguing about it all winter! Glad that last goal was scored though (and so was he).

Reactions: LionNYC
7:45 AM vs. Stoke, Saturday morning. Rough for the American audience.
Caught the game this morning and was shocked at the lack of effort being displayed by the players in blue. They looked like they didn't want to be on the pitch at all. Stoke danced circles around the defense and should have scored more than 2.

How many players are injured for city right now? Commentators kept mentioning hoe city was ravaged by injuries.

How many players are injured for city right now? Commentators kept mentioning hoe city was ravaged by injuries.
Toure, Aguero, Kompany, Nasri, Zabaleta. Someone else too who I don't remember. Also Mangala was out due to suspension.

Caught the game this morning and was shocked at the lack of effort being displayed by the players in blue. They looked like they didn't want to be on the pitch at all. Stoke danced circles around the defense and should have scored more than 2.

I'm quite glad my alarm didn't go off and I overslept.

Toure, Aguero, Kompany, Nasri, Zabaleta. Someone else too who I don't remember. Also Mangala was out due to suspension.
YaYa plays like he's injured all the time these days, so can't much call that a loss.

I don't understand Yaya at all! He was nowhere to be found during the first 80 minutes of the the game and then suddenly he takes over the game and nearly brings City back from 2-0 down singlehandedly! Why doesn't he play like this all the time?