Man City Fans: Please Chant Nycfc At Frank Tomorrow

Surely the decision was Frank's? He's a great player and will be great for you when he joins. I can see why you're all disappointed and get no pleasure from that. However he's plied his trade in England and is used to that league so I can understand his desire to stay a bit longer for possibly his last English medal.

I can see that this riles people but I'm sure that's not his intention and when he joins you he will give 100% every single game.

He'll be 37 yrs old, joining a team that will already have their habits and be bitter at him, will probably need a few weeks off, get used to playing in a physical league with teammates below the standard he's been accustomed to his entire career, playing in humid 30+ degree weather during the summer and probably targeted by opposing players, in addition to being abused by the home fans. Did I mention he'll be 37. By the time he gets used to the league, his legs will go. It's one thing if he was younger, Frank will essentially waste a year of his contract and the 2nd one is a huge question mark.

Surely the decision was Frank's? He's a great player and will be great for you when he joins. I can see why you're all disappointed and get no pleasure from that. However he's plied his trade in England and is used to that league so I can understand his desire to stay a bit longer for possibly his last English medal.

I can see that this riles people but I'm sure that's not his intention and when he joins you he will give 100% every single game.

Bertie -- Have you ever committed to something and then found out you had a better option available to you? Happens all the time, and people honor their commitments all the time.

As an aside I think both the NYCFC and Melbourne badges are way better than Man City's new badge. I live in hope CFG will change it to be circular like the old badge. New York has the best away kit out of the three teams hands down. Does anyone know when the NYCFC shop will get it? Last I heard was early this year.

Reactions: einwindir
He'll be 37 yrs old, joining a team that will already have their habits and be bitter at him, will probably need a few weeks off, get used to playing in a physical league with teammates below the standard he's been accustomed to his entire career, playing in humid 30+ degree weather during the summer and probably targeted by opposing players, in addition to being abused by the home fans. Did I mention he'll be 37. By the time he gets used to the league, his legs will go. It's one thing if he was younger, Frank will essentially waste a year of his contract and the 2nd one is a huge question mark.
The apologists keep saying it's no biggie, what's the difference, grow up, stop being "plastic"...well, this is the perfect summary of why the delay IS such a big deal. It annoys me to no end to be hear "real" supporters should stop complaining- we're getting royally screwed over, don't expect us to thank you for it. And our club is getting screwed over, so if they were real supporters, they'd be just as pissed.