Man City Loanees?

doctorhoosier

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Nov 13, 2014
Connecticut
Knowing the difficulty that this team has had putting together a fully capable roster, the lack of star talent, and the clear holes at certain spots...

Why didn't we use the four Man City loanee spots? I know we took Facey and Lurch, but there has to be a decent midfielder or wingback prospect who would do better here than he would in the youth leagues in Manchester.

Even if you're just adding depth, it'd seem to be worth it from a personnel perspective. It was one of the few overt advantages to the link between Manchester and New York, and we pretty much didn't use it.

Any ideas as to why New York chose to not use this method to help build the team? I can't anticipate that they don't have a single youth player who is good enough to contribute.

Reactions: Buz23 and Kjbert
Knowing the difficulty that this team has had putting together a fully capable roster, the lack of star talent, and the clear holes at certain spots...

Why didn't we use the four Man City loanee spots? I know we took Facey and Lurch, but there has to be a decent midfielder or wingback prospect who would do better here than he would in the youth leagues in Manchester.

Even if you're just adding depth, it'd seem to be worth it from a personnel perspective. It was one of the few overt advantages to the link between Manchester and New York, and we pretty much didn't use it.

Any ideas as to why New York chose to not use this method to help build the team? I can't anticipate that they don't have a single youth player who is good enough to contribute.

Lurch is actually our player. He left the academy and signed fully for us I believe

Huh. Learn something new every day.

So that makes three loan spots we didn't take. I get that you don't take anyone who can't help you, but what gives?
They said up to Four. Man City won't loan us a player if they will sit on the bench. He needs to play and continue to develop for it to make sense. I think going forward it will be up to 4 but again probably more like 1-2 just because of fit/need.

They said up to Four. Man City won't loan us a player if they will sit on the bench. He needs to play and continue to develop for it to make sense. I think going forward it will be up to 4 but again probably more like 1-2 just because of fit/need.
You don't think a guy like Iheanacho would be able to help?

Reactions: Kjbert
My opinion on the matter is 1)NYCFC and Kreis are still trying to formulate a starting 11, it's hard to do w/ loanees. 2) probably the ones Kreis wants aren't being made available.

While it may be easy to get MCFC loanees moreso than any other club, that's the last portion of an identity I want NYCFC to have. Just reinforces all the BS opposing fans say about our club.
The thing is that we can't exactly be picky about building this squad. With MLS' regressive roster filling rules, there aren't many ways for us to improve the talent of the team.

Loanees are one of the few we have access to this season, so I'm surprised we didn't use more of them.

The thing is that we can't exactly be picky about building this squad. With MLS' regressive roster filling rules, there aren't many ways for us to improve the talent of the team.

Loanees are one of the few we have access to this season, so I'm surprised we didn't use more of them.
I consider the "up to four players on loan" as another one of their lies along with signing Lampard and having 3 DPs to start the season.

I consider the "up to four players on loan" as another one of their lies along with signing Lampard and having 3 DPs to start the season.
I buy that, honestly. I just figure if we're going to get totally screwed by the arrangement (and we did), they at least should have hooked us up with some great loanees. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
And you're finally outing yourself as a troll
Thank you.

In my mind, I can bitch because I'll be here no matter the owner, so long as this team is in the city. I don't need someone to bitch for me. I am sure they can't do it as well as me.

I want this team/club to succeed. I don't care who owns it. I just want the owners not to piss on my head and tell it's an unpredictable storm, just blown in all the way across the Atlantic.

As it is, #fucksorriano

Reactions: Drainyoo
And you're finally outing yourself as a troll
FINALLY?
Bruh.jpg

He was loaned out I believe. He was told not to come to the MLS

No he couldn't sign for City until he turned 18 and then was injured in January. He has only just come back and played in the last two youth games scoring twice.

He is now likely to go to the U20 World Cup in the next week or so I believe.

For me Devante Cole and Jordi Hiwula could possibly move to you after the season is over. They are loaned to MK Dons and Walsall at the moment.

Also it looks like George Evans is back at City after a loan spell and I would definitely be considering him if I was Kries.

He is a midfielder and is now 20.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
I buy that, honestly. I just figure if we're going to get totally screwed by the arrangement (and we did), they at least should have hooked us up with some great loanees. I don't think that's too much to ask.

I am sure if Kries wanted players he would have got them.

He and Reyna are the ones doing the recruiting for NYC.

They obviously feel that is not the way to go at the moment.

"We need more MC loanees!"

Then if we started 4 loanees...

"This club is all MC loanees! We are just MC USA!"

The lesson: tough to please fans.

Listen, dude. This isn't a case of being tough to please. I hate the Man City connection, and would rather it go away than anything.

But since it's here, it's shocking to me that we haven't taken every possible advantage of that connection.

It's just a recognition that the club hasn't used every vehicle available to it to build a serious, contending team. It's a statement of fact. We're down two DPs until July, and have only taken on one of four youth players we're able to take. We haven't spent a dime on transfer fees yet.

So... uh... what's it good for?

Edit: I like your work with Blue City pod, but you're making far, far too simplistic of an argument here.