Matarrita at the Copa

I thought was utterly abused by Cuadrado once Columbia made the sub, when he was even back to defend.

He's not close to Johnson's attacking intelligence. But he's far younger, so maybe that comes.

I don't think "utterly abused" quite captures it. Cuadrado definitely got past him a couple times, although there might not be much shame in that as he is world class. Mata did well a couple times too to be fair. My memory may be fuzzy, but I recall Yedlin doing better against Hazard at the WC when Yedlin was at a similar phase of development.

I thought was utterly abused by Cuadrado once Columbia made the sub, when he was even back to defend.

He's not close to Johnson's attacking intelligence. But he's far younger, so maybe that comes.

He was playing a LM/LWB role, not a LB role. Entirely different responsibility

He was playing a LM/LWB role, not a LB role. Entirely different responsibility

No, that's true, which is why he was often so far upfield in this tournament. But, when Cuadrado was on, that's when Colombia were pushing for a comeback and CR were laying deep. There were several times when the two squared off, and Cuadrado definitely got the better of Mata, but not every time.