Mike Petke Fired

Apparently the replacement lined up by "Sporting Director" Ali Curtis will be Jesse Marsch who he conveniently worked with at MLS. Well that's a good way to start conspiracy theories about bringing your friends in. Marsch does however have MLS coaching experience as the first head coach of Montreal where according to wikipedia he was at least competent in the role. More recently some of you may have seen him on mlssoccer.com videos.

Reactions: LostAnvil
Apparently the replacement lined up by "Sporting Director" Ali Curtis will be Jesse Marsch who he conveniently worked with at MLS. Well that's a good way to start conspiracy theories about bringing your friends in. Marsch does however have MLS coaching experience as the first head coach of Montreal where according to wikipedia he was at least competent in the role. More recently some of you may have seen him on mlssoccer.com videos.

Vincent-Tan-012.jpg

I understand that he might think he has a better coach but that guy was better at Montreal. This is NY (well, NJ) and Petke is RB to the fanbase.

This new guy is going to have to win right away or there will be hell to pay. I would not want to be him.

This is a huge blessing for NYCFC. Should distract the media away from the Lampard situation for awhile. The RB fans are outraged.

Seriously. I don't know how Red Bull's management consistently are so terrible. His first season he wins the supporters' shield. Second season he gets them within one goal away from an MLS final. Also a huge franchise name from his playing days and only 38 years old.

i see there is huge disappointment among red bull fans, i wonder if my cousin will cancel his season tickets, lol.

perhaps it is true that Red bull no longer want to invest as much anymore

This is just beyond bizarre. Petke was a club alumnus, a fan favorite, and a damn good coach.

That's just bad management. If you can't get along with him, perhaps you need to evaluate your management strategies. Hiring a "yes man" isn't altogether productive for anyone.

I wouldn't read too much into this. They wanted a different type of team moving forward. For baseball fans, Marsch wants to introduce saber metrics to soccer. Should be interesting.​

Interesting links. LOL stuff from the guy who actually thinks MLS is behind this firing to get Red Bull fans pissed off enough to dump their season tickets and jump ship to NYCFC. Gold, Jerry, gold!

A couple guys think this might be a sign that Red Bull is actually getting ready to sell the team. So what would be funnier, Red Bull being bought out by the Cosmos or Manchester United?
Like United have the money to do so.