3. Fabian Castillo - FCD
4. Diego Chara - PORT
5. Kellyn Acosta - FCD
6. Osvaldo Alonso - SEA
7. Sacha Kljestan - NJRB
8. Matias Laba - VAN
9. Lee Nguyen - REV
10. Chris Tierney - REV

The fact that Castillo made the under rated list validates the idea that most of the players looked at this from a salary stand point. You could argue Castillo is under paid at this point but from a pre "rated" stand point what MLS fan doesn't think Castillo is amazing.

Reactions: BossNYC
I think this poll has very little to do with "salary envy" and more to do with the fact that Mix was absolutely terrible in his first year with NYCFC.

He had one assist all season. Let that sink in for a bit. One assist. And this was a guy who came over and everyone had high expectations for his playmaking prowess. He generated nothing. We all expected so much more.

So far this year Vieira is getting more out of him than Kreis. But he needs to keep up the pace. I'm not entirely convinced he would make the starting 11 in many of the teams in the league. We know he has promise but he has to continue to show it. He definitely needs to lose his focus on his silly snapback hats and pay more attention to his game.

Lampard should be #1 though in this poll. Feilhaber and Dempsey in the top 10 is unfair IMO.

CeKl9WqVAAI-U47.jpg
Player 2's quote sums it up. The athletic guys with little skill who just foul all game without getting called can't figure out what is so great about the skill players. Refs are by far the worst part of MLS and turn off anyone who has watched soccer played well before.

Evaluations of who/what is overrated are always hard to parse because they require not only a judgement about how good a player is but also a judgement about how good other people think he is.

I agree with gbservis that this is probably mostly based off of salary. Going by contribution to the team's results in 2015 relative to salary, Lampard and Mix obviously belong on this list. But I think chances are good that Mix at least would not be included next year.

And I agree with JayH as well. Mix received vastly disproportionate media attention because he is handsome and has a wacky personality. I can see how that would rub people the wrong way.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Player 2's quote sums it up. The athletic guys with little skill who just foul all game without getting called can't figure out what is so great about the skill players. Refs are by far the worst part of MLS and turn off anyone who has watched soccer played well before.
The Guy that penned Quote #2, if he actually had the opportunity to play in a foreign League, and pulled that kind of stunt, would have his career ended after a tackle by one or Pirlo's (or comparable player that plays his style) teammates. Wouldn't matter if it was the Italian, English, Argentine, etc league, they'd shatter his leg if he took cheap shots at the skill players.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Crew
Dallas
Houston
LA
Montreal
NJ
Portland
Seattle

SKC
Vancouver

He wouldn't get a starting job on those teams.

you mean those teams that are currently struggling....pretty sure could of helped any one of those early in this season

I think it's funny that MLS players were polled:

MOST OVERRATED:
1. Mix Diskerud - NYCFC
2. Jozy Altidore - TFC
3. Frank Lampard - NYCFC
4. Andrea Pirlo - NYCFC
5. Steven Gerrard - LAG
6. Giovani Dos Santos - LAG
7. Michael Bradley - TFC
8. Clint Dempsey - SEA
9 . Aurelien Collin - OCSC
10. Benny Feilhaber - SKC

MOST UNDERRATED:
1. Dax McCarty - NJRB
2. Darlington Nagbe - PORT
3. Fabian Castillo - FCD
4. Diego Chara - PORT
5. Kellyn Acosta - FCD
6. Osvaldo Alonso - SEA
7. Sacha Kljestan - NJRB
8. Matias Laba - VAN
9. Lee Nguyen - REV
10. Chris Tierney - REV

how is nagbe and Nguyen underrated? they are part of the national team right now....they are recognized for their work.