Mix most overrated in player poll

I think in their case, it's a compliment (to be underrated). so I guess players think they're performing well, but not getting enough praise / recognition.

i guess i get it form that sense....but i feel a national team call up is the ultimate recognition.

Reactions: Ulrich
Absolutely untrue. He would be a bench guy for those teams. They all have better players in the midfield positions than Mix.
Thankfully, I'm not compelled to take you seriously, because I can go through each of those teams and pick out inferior players in each midfield - unlike Kreis, each coach would adapt their formation if necessary to get him on the field.

"I think the Supporters' Shield [winner] should get a bye all the way to the conference final."

lol clearly a player from the jersey team

3% said red bulls have best/ most intimidating atmosphere ?
WUT ?? lol

"I think the Supporters' Shield [winner] should get a bye all the way to the conference final."

lol clearly a player from the jersey team
How about (in reference to the CONCACAF Champions League):
"It's hard for an MLS player making $50,000 to get up for an extra game for like a $30,000 bonus between 30 players. A lot of guys look at it like 'Oh, crap,' rather than an opportunity."

Seems there's a lot of laziness on MLS teams if they see an extra game as "oh crap" rather than an opportunity to prove they can play against a league & players that are universally thought of as being superior? It's not always about the $$, but getting a massive feather in your cap on your resume. In any occupation, workers will take 1+ years to get experience in Name-firms to bolster their resume even if it means long hours and low pay; likewise for a soccer player a $1K win bonus is pittance, but saying you beat Club America on their home turf is gold.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
How about (in reference to the CONCACAF Champions League):
"It's hard for an MLS player making $50,000 to get up for an extra game for like a $30,000 bonus between 30 players. A lot of guys look at it like 'Oh, crap,' rather than an opportunity."

Seems there's a lot of laziness on MLS teams if they see an extra game as "oh crap" rather than an opportunity to prove they can play against a league & players that are universally thought of as being superior? It's not always about the $$, but getting a massive feather in your cap on your resume. In any occupation, workers will take 1+ years to get experience in Name-firms to bolster their resume even if it means long hours and low pay; likewise for a soccer player a $1K win bonus is pittance, but saying you beat Club America on their home turf is gold.

take care of the team goals ( winning titles and the CCL) and there money will take care of it self ( either you get a better contract at the end of your current one, or you get a better salary overseas).

man if nycfc ever does make it to that tournament....i really hope they go all out, even break rules you if must ( start pre season a couple of weeks earlier, and train in mexico) to get it

Reactions: Christopher Jee
It's official, the foundation is set for Mix Diskerud 2016 MLS comeback player of the year! It's unavoidable once he starts getting all those hat tricks LionNYC keeps predicting!
as per his contract, the only hats you'll be allowed to throw onto the field will be his Mix Lids:
s-l300.jpg

Reactions: gbservis
I'm surprised Cuba Torres isn't on there. He's like 23, never played in Europe, is making 6 or 7 million I think...and sits the bench in Houston.

I think he's a good player but in a bad situation with the coach and team but this poll doesn't seem to care much about all that.

I think Lampard, Pirlo, Gio Dos Santos, Gerrard and Altidore in some order would be my top 5.

Clint Dempsey in the top 10 is ridiculous.

I'm surprised Cuba Torres isn't on there. He's like 23, never played in Europe, is making 6 or 7 million I think...and sits the bench in Houston.

I think he's a good player but in a bad situation with the coach and team but this poll doesn't seem to care much about all that.

I think Lampard, Pirlo, Gio Dos Santos, Gerrard and Altidore in some order would be my top 5.

Clint Dempsey in the top 10 is ridiculous.
He's not visible. And not playing for the most hated team in the league.