MLS 24 under 24

Setting aside the silliness of whether he is better than Jack, I think Muyl is pretty important to what the Red Bulls do. Huge work rate and a key cog in the press and defensive structure. He isn't going to be a big goal scorer or creator, so maybe he is a case of a guy who is the perfect system for his skills, which, in fairness, might make him less of a prospect in a vacuum. But, in terms of in-season contributions, I think he's in the top 10-15 or so.

All that being said, I may be overrating him since I see the RB a lot more than some of the other teams in the league.
Totally agree on your analysis of Muyl in RB system. Doubt he'd be as effective in our system where the emphasis is (supposed to be) on possession and letting the wings create 1v1.

In many ways I see Muyl as a less technical version of Fagundez - although better defensively.

Reactions: Viewfrom226
Morris at 3, Acosta at 4 and Manneh at 5....can Jack come in #1?
Doubt it, but I am stunned he would be number two. I had him at three or four personally. I guess it's because Jack is only 19 and is almost as good of a player as Morris, while being two years younger?

Doubt it, but I am stunned he would be number two. I had him at three or four personally. I guess it's because Jack is only 19 and is almost as good of a player as Morris, while being two years younger?
I agree that Larin is probably no. 1 and am mildly surprised that the voting panel has him above Morris though I think it is fun debate to have.

Reactions: Bane
I agree that Larin is probably no. 1 and am mildly surprised that the voting panel has him above Morris though I think it is fun debate to have.
Morris is the better goal scorer, but I am going to make the argument that Jack can be and will be the overall more dynamic player; every time he touches the ball it's just a dynamite ready to explode.

FC Dallas with 4 guys in the top 11.
They gets tons of credit for their homegrowns, but I'd love to know the backstory on Gruezo. What a coup to get a guy who was at a good team in a top European league and had started in the World Cup for a very good team as a teenager. I wonder what the backstory is on how they landed him, whether there were other MLS teams in on him, etc.

Reactions: Paul and Ulrich
Personally, I think overall Jack could be a #1 or #2, but for this season would have him as #3 just because of the # of games.
But it's what he's done with those limited number of games that's so amazing. Larin is a very special player and is easily quantifiable as a forward scoring goals, so #1 is a no-brainer. But Jack's overall ceiling is very likely higher and his contribution to NYCFC has in many ways been more important by unlocking a non-existent wing-play (for 1.5 seasons). I think in two years Jack will be one of the top players in the entire league save perhaps for whichever ridiculous DPs are signed, but even then he could be bordering on actual DP-type ability.

But it's what he's done with those limited number of games that's so amazing. Larin is a very special player and is easily quantifiable as a forward scoring goals, so #1 is a no-brainer. But Jack's overall ceiling is very likely higher and his contribution to NYCFC has in many ways been more important by unlocking a non-existent wing-play (for 1.5 seasons). I think in two years Jack will be one of the top players in the entire league save perhaps for whichever ridiculous DPs are signed, but even then he could be bordering on actual DP-type ability.
I agree and why I qualified it by stating this season. I think going forward he has the ability for #1. Which is ironic, because I still believe the #3 this year will take Rookie of the year honors.

Totally agree on your analysis of Muyl in RB system. Doubt he'd be as effective in our system where the emphasis is (supposed to be) on possession and letting the wings create 1v1.

In many ways I see Muyl as a less technical version of Fagundez - although better defensively.
Muyl apparently not even in top 30 due to low upside. Red Bulls fans complaining, though I can't disagree with them on this one.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think in two years Jack will be one of the top players in the entire league save perhaps for whichever ridiculous DPs are signed, but even then he could be bordering on actual DP-type ability.

In 2 years he could be starting a cup game under Pep in Manchester. If 69 can do it...

In 2 years he could be starting a cup game under Pep in Manchester. If 69 can do it...
Bite your tongue! We don't want to loose him as a tap-up to MCFC. But yes, he could and probably will be that good. I'd even say he's as good or better than Angelino is now. He's more disciplined tracking back for one thing.

Bite your tongue! We don't want to loose him as a tap-up to MCFC. But yes, he could and probably will be that good. I'd even say he's as good or better than Angelino is now. He's more disciplined tracking back for one thing.

Man City though is flooded with talent in the attack. Aguero, Nacho, Sterling, Nolito, Sane, Silva, De Bruyne, Alexis Garcia, etc, etc., etc.

As an aside, how did Angelino get fast tracked to the MC senior team so quickly? Yeah, he was fast and skilled but did not have much of a brain (or a will to contribute defensively, even when he was an outside back) when he was here. I remember watching him at the halfway line when the keeper passed the ball to the CB. Amazed that a tactician like Pep would rate him so highly.

JACK IS NUMBER TWO!
they got his age wrong in the video [0:12 mark]:

eUBGkkj.png

As an aside, how did Angelino get fast tracked to the MC senior team so quickly? Yeah, he was fast and skilled but did not have much of a brain (or a will to contribute defensively, even when he was an outside back) when he was here. I remember watching him at the halfway line when the keeper passed the ball to the CB. Amazed that a tactician like Pep would rate him so highly.
Likes his offensive prowess going forward, Pep doesn't care as much about defensive ability if you can make a few good runs and passes going forward. Angelino has the ability and speed to be a decent outside back in Pep's possession style vs. guys like Clichy or Sagna