MLS 24 under 24

Keep in mind we were a Kreis decision away from having the #1 and #2 on the list at NYCFC. But wait, we NEED the #1 spot in the allocation order so that we can grab Mix and keep him from going to Orlando!!

Ugh... don't remind me. Hindsight...

Reactions: Kjbert
Ugh... don't remind me. Hindsight...

Keep in mind, if Mix wants to go to NYC, even if Orlando picks him with #1 spot NYCFC throws some GAM or a pick in next year's draft to Orlando to sign Mix. No way they even "needed" the #1 spot in the allocation to get Mix. And any GM with half a brain would have known that Mix wanted to come to NYC and wouldn't go to a team in a location he didn't want after the Columbus incident earlier. Arrrggghhh.

Keep in mind, if Mix wants to go to NYC, even if Orlando picks him with #1 spot NYCFC throws some GAM or a pick in next year's draft to Orlando to sign Mix. No way they even "needed" the #1 spot in the allocation to get Mix. And any GM with half a brain would have known that Mix wanted to come to NYC and wouldn't go to a team in a location he didn't want after the Columbus incident earlier. Arrrggghhh.
Isn't that decision on Reyna as the Sporting Director to be fair?

they got his age wrong in the video [0:12 mark]:

eUBGkkj.png

Must have been looking at his other ID.

As an aside, how did Angelino get fast tracked to the MC senior team so quickly? Yeah, he was fast and skilled but did not have much of a brain (or a will to contribute defensively, even when he was an outside back) when he was here. I remember watching him at the halfway line when the keeper passed the ball to the CB. Amazed that a tactician like Pep would rate him so highly.

Would Larin received playing time with Villa on our team? Look at Mullins.

Keep in mind we were a Kreis decision away from having the #1 and #2 on the list at NYCFC. But wait, we NEED the #1 spot in the allocation order so that we can grab Mix and keep him from going to Orlando!!
We don't get Jack this year if we had Larin last year. Just can't see the trade working out with Chicago since we'd have had a lower pick than the #4 we traded. And Larin would have been enough to get us a few more wins meaning Kreis would still be here..... I like the way things turned out.

Here's a starting 11 that MLS Digital put together with the 24 under 24. I can't tell is this is 4-2-4 or 4-4-2. Either way, we got two NYCFC players in, only second to Dallas with four (though Gonzales is the backup GK in Dallas). That being said, this team looks amazing. And think, it costs less than David Villa, for now.

2016-24U24-lineup.jpg

As an aside, how did Angelino get fast tracked to the MC senior team so quickly? Yeah, he was fast and skilled but did not have much of a brain (or a will to contribute defensively, even when he was an outside back) when he was here. I remember watching him at the halfway line when the keeper passed the ball to the CB. Amazed that a tactician like Pep would rate him so highly.
My post from last year, but I still believe it.

"Interesting how some don't like Angelino. I predict he's on Spain's national squad within 5 years."

Taurus, Nov 3, 2015EditDeleteReport
#10Reply

Here's a starting 11 that MLS Digital put together with the 24 under 24. I can't tell is this is 4-2-4 or 4-4-2. Either way, we got two NYCFC players in, only second to Dallas with four (though Gonzales is the backup GK in Dallas). That being said, this team looks amazing. And think, it costs less than David Villa, for now.

2016-24U24-lineup.jpg

Harrison's ok, but I think that's a mistake. The starting lineup can't be complete without Alex Muyl in it.

2016-24U24-lineup.jpg

Doesn't Zimmerman play a little RB, and Rosenberry only play CB? I could be wrong, but those two should be swapped.

Would Larin received playing time with Villa on our team? Look at Mullins.

It's a lot of what if's but Kries originally wanted a 2 striker system, remember how long we tired the Nemec thing? It's possible Larin prevents the Nemec move and starts along side Villa from day 1. If Larin scores at even close to the rate he did in Orl last year it's likely Kries is still here. That's a big leap though because it's discounting the Kaka factor in Larin's success. How many goals does Larin get last year if you swap Kaka for Grabavoy?

From a pure talent stand point it was a miss for sure. In hindsight I'm still okay with how things played out, Shelton seems to be developing nicely, and I'm happy we have PV.

It's a lot of what if's but Kries originally wanted a 2 striker system, remember how long we tired the Nemec thing? It's possible Larin prevents the Nemec move and starts along side Villa from day 1. If Larin scores at even close to the rate he did in Orl last year it's likely Kries is still here. That's a big leap though because it's discounting the Kaka factor in Larin's success. How many goals does Larin get last year if you swap Kaka for Grabavoy?

From a pure talent stand point it was a miss for sure. In hindsight I'm still okay with how things played out, Shelton seems to be developing nicely, and I'm happy we have PV.
Villa would have made Larin a monster just like Kaka has. They'd have been the best forward pair in the league - like Dempsey/Martins was last year.

Villa would have made Larin a monster just like Kaka has. They'd have been the best forward pair in the league - like Dempsey/Martins was last year.

This. Kreis originally wanted to play a 4-4-2 diamond (his RSL formation) and started Villa and Nemec up front. Imagine starting with Larin and Villa instead. Nemec to Larin is like moving from discount economy to solid international business class.

So you're saying we would score 4-5 goals a game? Our defense was still more pathetic than the French surrendering in World War II.

Reactions: gbservis