Mls All-stars Vs Bayern Munich

MagnusPax

Registered
May 3, 2014
How awesome was that? Very fun game, only downside was Pep the Clown crying and being a jerk. I am a little curious, how do most of our new MLS or pseudo-MLS fans on here feel about it?

Reactions: OSNY87 and Kjbert
I thought it was funny that Pep didn't mind when one of his players nearly knocked out Tim Cahill with an elbow but threw a fit when Will Johnson accidently ran into his player.

The Alonso tackle wasn't that bad. I guess they're mad that he'd attempt it at all but it wasn't bad.

I think, had they won, they wouldn't mind either incident.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99 and Kjbert
Wish they started the game a little earlier. 10pm here on the east coast and I couldn't make it past halftime. I have a job to get to in the AM. guess that's what they make DVRs for

Reactions: Kjbert
That's the only time I'll ever be happy that BWP scores a goal. And what a goal it was

Awesome goal by BWP and Landycakes. Love Landon's game, if he stayed away from the microphone, he'd be much better off.

The thing that stuck out to me was the poor refereeing. I don't blame the refs, because I have heard and it looks like they are purposefully ignoring fouls in MLS to "promote game flow". Even the players look shocked when some fouls don't get called on them. Embarrassing and looks bad to anyone watching from the outside.

Awesome goal by BWP and Landycakes. Love Landon's game, if he stayed away from the microphone, he'd be much better off.

The thing that stuck out to me was the poor refereeing. I don't blame the refs, because I have heard and it looks like they are purposefully ignoring fouls in MLS to "promote game flow". Even the players look shocked when some fouls don't get called on them. Embarrassing and looks bad to anyone watching from the outside.

If you're going to watch MLS, you better brace yourself for some horrific officiating. It's an area the league needs dramatic improvement in.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
Maybe players in other leagues are just so good that they make the refs look better?

Although I was not pleased by Pep's refusal to shake hands, he did say that MLS is similar in ability to other leagues in the world outside of Europe. For now, that is encouraging but, in the future I want MLS to be equal to or better than European leagues.