MLS and Apple Broadcasting Deal

None of our guys, but more RB people :rolleyes:. They also seem to really have gone after lots of spanish speaking comentators and play by play announcers that worked with Fox deportes and the spanish bein sports ( i know people hated the english channel i loved the spanish channel was good) and also former players of the league. The put effort in that side of things.

None of our guys, but more RB people :rolleyes:. They also seem to really have gone after lots of spanish speaking comentators and play by play announcers that worked with Fox deportes and the spanish bein sports ( i know people hated the english channel i loved the spanish channel was good) and also former players of the league. The put effort in that side of things.

Chelsea Cabarcas has ties to NYCFC

It makes sense. A huuuuuge part of the country are spanish-speaking. It's probably a great way to unlock more fans.

Chelsea Cabarcas has ties to NYCFC

ah yes i think i remember her now. did she do any media outside of being a stadium host? i want to say yes but i cant remember, i also feel she was here for only a year.

ah yes i think i remember her now. did she do any media outside of being a stadium host? i want to say yes but i cant remember, i also feel she was here for only a year.
I think she did maybe a little bit more, but not much. I also don't think she lasted a whole year.

It makes sense. A huuuuuge part of the country are spanish-speaking. It's probably a great way to unlock more fans.

the effort is being put that is for sure. however their announcers are not exclusive to MLS. at least one has confirmed he will still be working with Fox Deportes.

Reactions: Shwafta
If they are doing every game in English and Spanish, they will need substantially sized teams in each language.

I remain pessimistic about the English language lineup, but the proof will be in the pudding, so hopeful that in a few weeks I will be proven wrong.

So uh.... Why can't the out the preseason matches on apple TV? Just not prepared for it this season and it'll be that way next year?

Reactions: adam
So uh.... Why can't the out the preseason matches on apple TV? Just not prepared for it this season and it'll be that way next year?
I'm guessing Apple doesn't want low quality streams of games held in front of basically nobody.

Well since Apple won't let us watch preseason, I'm watching them film the George Clooney / Brad Pitt thriller on my street tonight. This is from a few days ago...

I'm guessing Apple doesn't want low quality streams of games held in front of basically nobody.

I mean, it's preseason. They just need one announcer or no announcer. just making the stream available is sufficient to appease fans. especially if their agreement is preventing clubs from providing their own streams.

i don't think a whole lot of production value needs to go into it.

I mean, it's preseason. They just need one announcer or no announcer. just making the stream available is sufficient to appease fans. especially if their agreement is preventing clubs from providing their own streams.

i don't think a whole lot of production value needs to go into it.
If I am interpreting 4 413Blue right, it isn't about appeasing fans. It's that they don't want to post a game that looks pathetic (no crowd) when they are about to push to bring in tons of new eyeballs. Imagine with all the marketing they are doing that people new to MLS give it a look and see a sad pre-season match played at half speed, with tons of scrubs, no one in the stands. Those new eyeballs don't exactly rush to sign up for MLS pass after that. Meanwhile, what do they gain? Are the likes of us suddenly more committed? Nope. Just feeding our addiction.

got an alert that my Apple TV+ subscription for the year is going up $20 (from $50 to $70) in March - not really the best timing if they're attempting to attract new customers for the MLS Season Pass