MLS and Apple Broadcasting Deal

It won't work on Apple devices, and probably isn't an issue on non-Apple devices.

If you try to access web based AppleTV on an iPhone or iPad it just opens the TV app on the phone, which borrows your phone's apple ID credentials. You would have to sign out of your ID on the phone altogether as I noted above. There's no web browser on an AppleTV device and if there is some way to access the web I'm 99.999% certain it blocks you from accessing AppleTV+ on the web with separate credentials instead of just using the native AppleTV+ access which is the centerpiece of the device.

You can access the web based AppleTV service on a Mac, and maybe then cast to your Apple TV or other devices, but jeez, if one can afford to own an Apple TV and a Mac and presumably a decent TV and then choose to juggle multiple devices to cast soccer to save ~$60 annually on a shared MLSTV subscription - well, you do you but that makes no sense to me. A major reason to pay more for all Apple hardware is they work together reasonably seamlessly. If you pay that premium then kludge things up to save not all that much (and much less than the extra cost of a mac computer over say a Dell, or an Apple TV over a Firestick), why did you spend the extra in the first place?

On non-apple hardware you can play the game, because no non-Apple device is going to make you use a general Apple ID to use for all Apple purposes on that device. But then that user probably doesn't pay for iCloud storage, or Apple fitness, or an AppleMusic subscription, or buy a ton of content from Apple, etc., and so the issue is moot anyway.
gotcha.

yea i am not an apple user so it was just a theory based on non-apple experience with apple TV. yet another reason why apple can suck it. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: mgarbowski
Can confirm, i'm signed into my apple stuff on itunes/apple music on my windows device, i'm also logged in on the website with a separate email and account. No issues.

Reactions: moogoo
Well that was entertaining. Tried to redeem the offer to get my MLS Season Pass and it wouldn't let be because I haven't bothered to update to at least macOS 13.1, still on macOS 12. Been thinking of doing the upgrade for a couple of weeks but haven't had the time or inclination to do my usual several backups and then the new OS install. And now I've been punished for it LOL.

Thankfully it worked just fine on my phone, which I've kept up to date.

Reactions: JayH and mgarbowski
Anyone see the Talles Magno Media Day interview in Spanish? He has a piercing in his neck. WTF?

How does one add nycfc as "my team" or clubs we want to follow?

Apple TV+ on web is very sparse

Reactions: Vallos
About 10-12 years ago I started to get into MLS because there was an app on my new smart tv. This Apple-MLS partnership is going to get a ton of folks into MLS. Between the wraparound shows, tons of content and Leagues Cup I think there are going to be a lot more fans a year from now than there are today. MLS Season Pass is a great product already.

wtf is this ??? who came up with this graphic?

1675315746173.png

View attachment 12516
I'm not seeing the issue.

The background image is from the game
NYCFC v RB = Hudson River
NYCFC fell behind 0-1 and rallied to win (plus at Yankee Stadium so ha ha)
Héber scored the back heel goal from Tinnerholm for the winner, which was one of the best goals of the season.

The image doesn't show Héber scoring but the entire game video is there. The back heel is just one of the high points.

View attachment 12516

Héber scored the back heel goal from Tinnerholm for the winner, which was one of the best goals of the season.

The image doesn't show Héber scoring but the entire game video is there. The back heel is just one of the high points.

Agree. Thought it was a nice name like the Monday Night Miracle or something. We rallied to come back. I’d be annoyed if we lost and it got that name. But when it’s in our favor I enjoy it.

Guess I shouldn’t speak for him, but maybe he thought at quick glance they were referring to the derby as the “rally” not realizing that was actually the description of what happened. 🤷‍♂️

i am enjoying the club profiles videos. only been thru a few so far. but its been good. hard to imagine they keep that high quality for all types of videos all year. certainly some teams won't im sure.

Reactions: Shwafta and JayH