MLS and Apple Broadcasting Deal

YoutubeTV has a similar feature for sporting events. I have mostly used it in college and pro football. The problem is the key plays are chosen by an algorithm or AI. They mostly choose well, but not always. Like it might show a team earn an unremarkable first down in their own half of the field but not show how that drive ended. Or it will show a stop on third down inside the red zone but not show if they tried for a field goal or went for it. These fails are not the norm but not super rare either. It usually includes all scoring plays but not perfect even on that.
I would expect it does even worse with soccer. It's harder to figure out when a "play" begins or ends. I would think it's very hard to tell if a shot was dangerous or not.
Still, having the option is better than not having it.

considering their current implementation of it, i would expect it to be very buggy and poorly executed, at least to start. and of course, probably won't even work or be available for non-apple device users for a very long time, if ever ha

considering their current implementation of it, i would expect it to be very buggy and poorly executed, at least to start. and of course, probably won't even work or be available for non-apple device users for a very long time, if ever ha
FTA "Key Plays will also be available on non-Apple devices, rolling out to the TV app on platforms like Amazon Fire TV, Roku, smart TVs, PlayStation, Xbox and more."
That does not guarantee availability on Day 1 with Apple products, but should not be a big delay.

Here to vent again bc I mentioned this to gator/mark - (however since I found the full match replay on the apple tv website...) the full match options are below the watch recap button but just by simply looking down you get all the highlights in your face. I guess what this means is I'll need to practice covering the whole screen and moving my hand down until i see the "full replay" button and click it while hoping i don't see the highlights lol.

...and then, confusingly, if you press full replay and go back to that screen the "watch recap" button becomes a "Resume full game" button. idk. Weird UX decisions.
1720062589479.png

Here to vent again bc I mentioned this to gator/mark - (however since I found the full match replay on the apple tv website...) the full match options are below the watch recap button but just by simply looking down you get all the highlights in your face. I guess what this means is I'll need to practice covering the whole screen and moving my hand down until i see the "full replay" button and click it while hoping i don't see the highlights lol.

...and then, confusingly, if you press full replay and go back to that screen the "watch recap" button becomes a "Resume full game" button. idk. Weird UX decisions.
View attachment 13427

yep. it's TERRIBLE. i don't know what the experience is like on an apple TV device but in a browser, it's a horrendous interface.

Reactions: Shwafta

View attachment 13427
I concur completely and as I mention have the exact same problem and solution. Why Apple couldn’t have anticipated this problem or fixed it by now is beyond me. It’s the kind of thing they’re usually good at.

putting the photo in a spoiler bc it contains some columbus came highlights, but what the hell apple? THERE'S NO BUTTON TO WATCH THE GAME. I'm logged in. How am I supposed to avoid spoilers like this? this is ridiculous.
1725151902839.png

Reactions: FootyLovin
How about them just straight not showing Julian Fernandez getting red carded tonight and only reporting it minutes later. They didn't even have it on any of their cameras? Their tape crew can't find the moment? Such a lazy production every single game.

The amount of things they miss every week because they're doing cookie cutter one-size-fits-all broadcasts is infuriating.

Tonight is the first time in awhile I'm having problems. Everytime I try to navigate the site it boots me off. Not only do I have to log in again, but it doesn't recognize my tablet and I have to get a code.

Tonight is the first time in awhile I'm having problems. Everytime I try to navigate the site it boots me off. Not only do I have to log in again, but it doesn't recognize my tablet and I have to get a code.
I had an issue with trying to switch from Countdown to the game. I had to click on the AppleTV icon and then back to MLS, or sometimes close the tab and reopen it. But nothing tonight, very smooth.

By the way, I had a resource issue myself on my old laptop. Someone mentioned it in chat ( Shwafta Shwafta mavbe?). Games used to freeze (I hate using that word tonight) but on my new desktop it doesn't happen anymore. The chip isn't all that much more powerful, but it's a lot newer. A computer friend told me older chips just can't handle the graphics.

Memory used to max out too, but I have a lot more memory now. It still becomes an issue with ESPN+, Paramount+ and Peacock unless I shut off the VPN and disable Privacy Badger and uBlockOrigin before opening the tab, then re-enable the browser extensions after the feed starts. It keeps cycling up and up until it gets critical unless I monkey around when I start the games. I have to check Task Manager in the first couple minutes and make sure it's stable. Sometimes I can re-enable the VPN, sometimes I can't.

I use Microsoft Edge for a browser, by the way. I haven't watched any games on a tablet or phone.

Reactions: Gene
I had an issue with trying to switch from Countdown to the game. I had to click on the AppleTV icon and then back to MLS, or sometimes close the tab and reopen it. But nothing tonight, very smooth.

By the way, I had a resource issue myself on my old laptop. Someone mentioned it in chat ( Shwafta Shwafta mavbe?). Games used to freeze (I hate using that word tonight) but on my new desktop it doesn't happen anymore. The chip isn't all that much more powerful, but it's a lot newer. A computer friend told me older chips just can't handle the graphics.

Memory used to max out too, but I have a lot more memory now. It still becomes an issue with ESPN+, Paramount+ and Peacock unless I shut off the VPN and disable Privacy Badger and uBlockOrigin before opening the tab, then re-enable the browser extensions after the feed starts. It keeps cycling up and up until it gets critical unless I monkey around when I start the games. I have to check Task Manager in the first couple minutes and make sure it's stable. Sometimes I can re-enable the VPN, sometimes I can't.

I use Microsoft Edge for a browser, by the way. I haven't watched any games on a tablet or phone.
Oh, I should clarify: I have zero problems with MLS Season Pass, other than getting the games to start sometimes. I just open the tab and let it rip. I only have to go through the memory-saving rigamarole when I watch the Prem, Serie A, the Bundesliga, the USL and LaLiga.

No issues with MLBtv either, or league sites like the NWSL, or when I watched U.S. Open Cup games on the U.S. Soccer site.

• Wow