Mls CBA 2015 Thread

I am fairly confident that CFG/NYCFC and Orlando for that matter are probably NOT in favor of Free agency. But I am 100% sure they are hellbent on starting on-time, regardless of the cost. Especially Orlando would be hurt hard if the game didn't happen this weekend.

Reactions: Kjbert
Yes if I can. Like any business CFG doesn't want to spend more than it needs to. MLS's structure allows owners to minimize on expenditures. No transfer fee for either DP? They have proven with their 2 DPs that they aren't interested in spending. Therefore if NYCFC isn't going to spend when they could clearly could do so, I dont think they would be actively pushing for essentially players rights and the possibility of paying more/losing vets for free.

With that said though, like the tweet said, NYCFC doesn't want a delay and might very well be pressuring the old guard.

I still feel like they're less hardcore on things than Clark Hunt and Kraft though.
Most likely. I'm surprised things are happening. Seems owners picked 3 members of the Conservative party to represent.

They got it down to 28 years old and at least 8 years in the league. Thats moving in the right direction

That's a win for the players in my opinion. While I hoped for full free agency, the players can not let the huge momentum for the MLS die down. The way this league is growing, when this CBA expires the players should have even more bargaining power to push for this again.

That's a win for the players in my opinion. While I hoped for full free agency, the players can not let the huge momentum for the MLS die down. The way this league is growing, when this CBA expires the players should have even more bargaining power to push for this again.
28/8 might be ok if they are going to renogioate in 3-5 years, but if the CBA is 8 years its a loss.

28/8 might be ok if they are going to renogioate in 3-5 years, but if the CBA is 8 years its a loss.

Yeah, I just saw that part. I agree with you on that, 8 years is a very long time.

a 10% raise cap during free agency is not free agency.
I really don't get these little petty things by the owners. MLS HAS A SALARY CAP! I am convinced this is more about emotions than logical for some owners.

Of course Kraft wants to keep the status quo. No one wants to play for a football guy who has ignored the Revs since forever. The only way he was even able to get Jermaine Jones was because of a "blind" draw. JJ wanted to stay in the West Coast to be with his family. If you want to run a small market team in a big market city, fine. But don't stand in the way of progress.

well according to the twitterverse the Chicago fire are on their way to LA for their opening game. Dont know if that means anything.