MLS Cup Playoffs - December 5 - Philadelphia (Away)

I bought this hoodie 9 days ago on Friday of Thanksgiving weekend in Ann Arbor. Since then:

Michigan beat Ohio State.
NYCFC won -- on penalty kicks -- against the record setting MLS points winner.
Michigan won the Big Ten championship.
NYCFC beat Philadelphia and is going to MLS Cup. I did not put the sweat on today until the second half.
I'm going to Portland and I think I'm wearing this sweat to Providence Park. This has been the best week+ of sportsball fanning in my entire life.

IMG_0705.jpg

curtin breaking his calm and starting to cry/complain

This is unfortunate. I'm originally from Philly but my first MLS match was NYCFC v. Colorado in 2018.
I was kind of a closet Union fan, enjoyed their game (great match away v LAFC before COVID) until the crying antics on decision day.
This really kind of seals the deal.
Keep your team healthy Jim and tell them to stop drama flopping on the pitch.
You lost. Be a good sport and show some class in losing.

curtin breaking his calm and starting to cry/complain

i mean cincy offering you money Jim, and unlimited spending. you not getting that in philly, choice is yours.

edit: not saying he should go but he knows what he getting in philly....academy kids and the small spending.

edit 2: they not spending on our team either jim.

I bought this hoodie 9 days ago on Friday of Thanksgiving weekend in Ann Arbor. Since then:

Michigan beat Ohio State.
NYCFC won -- on penalty kicks -- against the record setting MLS points winner.
Michigan won the Big Ten championship.
NYCFC beat Philadelphia and is going to MLS Cup. I did not put the sweat on today until the second half.
I'm going to Portland and I think I'm wearing this sweat to Providence Park. This has been the best week+ of sportsball fanning in my entire life.

View attachment 11617
I guess since you’ve posted your magic charm, I’ll mention mine. I bought a 2019 authentic jersey (my only authentic) on sale last year and because I love it so much I used to never wear it to keep it nice lol. But I wore it on a whim for the Atlanta game and have been wearing every game since. So I’m hoping the magic isn’t running out for one last game! Regardless of win or lose I think I need to get a Taty name set on it.

I guess since you’ve posted your magic charm, I’ll mention mine. I bought a 2019 authentic jersey (my only authentic) on sale last year and because I love it so much I used to never wear it to keep it nice lol. But I wore it on a whim for the Atlanta game and have been wearing every game since. So I’m hoping the magic isn’t running out for one last game! Regardless of win our lose I think I need to get a Taty name set on it.
Not gonna lie I thought you were a little bit older K Kjbert
True that. Way to young to be so pessimistic.

Reactions: Kjbert and CCMore
i mean cincy offering you money Jim, and unlimited spending. you not getting that in philly, choice is yours.

edit: not saying he should go but he knows what he getting in philly....academy kids and the small spending.

edit 2: they not spending on our team either jim.
I'm getting sick of hearing about the poor union. In all likely hood, they fucked up by being dumb and basically having a COVID party. Did they celebrate a little bit too early?
We were missing three of our best starters including our number one scorer. The winning goal tonight came from an Icelandic singer songwriter substitute showing some grit and delivering a ball to a 19 year old kid who hasn't gotten a tone of minutes this year cause he's coming off injury.
I'm about to throw the F bomb out...

In all seriousness, the Philly B/C/reserves team took it to us with such ferocity that it completely blew us up in the first half. They deserve a lot of credit for that, for not just bunkering and hoping for PKs, and in parallel we can definitely say we actually had to beat Philly despite the COVID situation.

No asterisk for me. This was hard fought, and we weren't good, but it was a battle won.

I'm getting sick of hearing about the poor union. In all likely hood, they fucked up by being dumb and basically having a COVID party. Did they celebrate a little bit too early?
We were missing three of our best starters including our number one scorer. The winning goal tonight came from an Icelandic singer songwriter substitute showing some grit and delivering a ball to a 19 year old kid who hasn't gotten a tone of minutes this year cause he's coming off injury.
I'm about to throw the F bomb out...

oh I’m not asterisking the win. More his complaint of the spending when CFG doesn’t even spend for us. And when they kinda do they have not been amazing signings.

Reactions: Kjbert