MLS Cup Playoffs - December 5 - Philadelphia (Away)

Took forever to get in, took forever to get out (they oversold Lot C ridiculously). Took a lot of stick from Philly fans. Got doused in beer when Talles scored. But karmically everything went right. I got the last Heineken left at the stand before the match started, I learned our Spanish chants (which I never hear in 129) and I got a parking spot in Park Slope at 10pm on a Sunday night when I got home.

But best of all we won. This team is not only talented but they now know how to grind out a result when they are not at their best.
Much Credit to Ronny for the perfect sub formula and to him and the entire team for staying composed. So Proud.

If you want a cheesesteak in Media btw, try Wimpy’s.

If you want the experience post game, head up to Pats (not Genos) after the game. They’re across from each other. If you want the best, it’s D’Allesandros in NW Philly. If you want to stay close to 95 on the way home I recommend Jim’s on South St, or Campo’s at 3rd and Market.

Another alternative - and maybe the best sandwich in the northeast, it’s a John’s Roast Pork. That’s the closest to Chester and closest to 95. You’ll thank me after

and thanks again for the food recommendations, we hit Wimpy’s on the way home . Hit the spot for the ride home

Anyone got a recording of the entire fulltime whistle stuff from the tv airing? According to the guy behind me, his girlfriend texted him saying that our rows were showed right after the whistle blew and she saw him, so I'm thinking I'm visible there too. Unfortunately I forgot to record the game on fubo so I can't go back and check :/

Union fans are salty on social media right now. Though it's a bit annoying I mostly don't blame them even though they're irrationally blaming NYCFC as if it were our decision whether to play.

But, I expect this to become a much more intense rivalry than it has been, even if the forces driving it are a bit one-sided.

Union fans are salty on social media right now. Though it's a bit annoying I mostly don't blame them even though they're irrationally blaming NYCFC as if it were our decision whether to play.

But, I expect this to become a much more intense rivalry than it has been, even if the forces driving it are a bit one-sided.

Yeah I mean with how badly we played, I get it. We only barely beat them with everything they were dealing with, which says to them that if they had their full roster, they'd have smoked us. Considering how they played, they probably would have. And it does seem patently unfair to force them to play while missing so many of their stars. I get it.

That said, we do not have to apologize for how we won. They don't ask how. We got the job done, that's all that matters. But we better be a hell of a lot better against Portland.

everyone's playing by the same rules. either their players were irresponsible and/or careless or extremely unlucky. For so many players to have to go into quarantine is pretty unprecedented without it being some kind of group activity, you would think? If it had happened to us, guaranteed they wouldn't feel even remotely bad about it.

In any case, this sport has a lot to do with luck sometimes. And these days with all the schedule congestion, your depth matters. Our TEAM (that's everyone on the available roster) was just better than their TEAM and that's on their club and ownership for not spending the money on a deeper bench.

What does annoy me, though, is I keep seeing people say "If NYCFC got covid the game would've been postponed" as if NYCFC has ever in the past gotten special treatment with game postponements...........

I saw those tweets, it made me laugh. See, we're not the only fanbase that thinks the league is against us!

Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta