MLS Cup Playoffs - October 17 - Miami (Home)

That was some sexy footy. And some epic goal celebrations. And I have no idea what the attendance number will be, but the crowd was electric. Click.
Is it me, or is the atmosphere at Citi better than at Yankee Stadium? I'm genuinely curious.

Another question: Does anyone still have doubts about Nick Cushing? (Full disclosure: I've thought he's our man from the beginning.)

Reactions: JayH and Kjbert
Way, way better. I was holding onto the Bronx dream until this year (much more convenient for me) but Citi has topped it every time til his year for atmosphere. My section at Citi is farther from the SS and has worse sightlines, but The Citi experience and atmosphere are far superior. The crowd is more animated and the staff act like they care.

Really good crowd. Really good atmosphere tonight. Food is better and so is ingress/egress.

Thought we played like Liverpool tonight. That was hard metal soccer. Our guys were amped. Callens looked to be providing cover of about 1/2 the pitch.

Really impressed.

What a brilliant performance that was. One of our best of the season.

Not clinical enough in the first half, felt like we were half a step off, but boy did we steamroll them in the 2nd half. Just an outstanding game. Don't think anyone was bad. Santi's assists on the first two goals were sublime. MOTM for me.

If we play like that in Montreal, I think we're going back to the conference final. This team plays with a real swagger now. The moment isn't too big for them like it was in our first few seasons.

Also this win clinches it for me -- Cushing should have the interim title removed. He's our coach.

So glad that our future is in Willets rather than the south Bronx. Atmosphere is 100x better. Montreal is going to be TOUGH but I give us a 50/50 chance of advancing to the Eastern conference finals let's GOOOOOO

Is it me, or is the atmosphere at Citi better than at Yankee Stadium? I'm genuinely curious.

Another question: Does anyone still have doubts about Nick Cushing? (Full disclosure: I've thought he's our man from the beginning.)
it felt like they sold the seating to mostly the left foul area and then then loop to the where the supporters section was. it made good good atmosphere they all were into it. Towels made it more obvious

fantastic atmosphere

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Enjoyed the pre-game eats. Citi Field is a haul for me coming from the Heights, but I love the food of Queens and the vibe at Citi. I even heard some 234 cheers from nearby supporters.

Good performance. We wore them down and we're pretty clinical late in the match. We can also now say we were at Higuaín's last match. Maxi was terrific. How much longer will Santi and Gabi be with us?

Let's get Montréal. I am debating going up there.

Attachments

• 20221017_181451.jpg
    20221017_181451.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Also massive props to Santi for really fighting like three defenders and keeping the ball for the first goal and his second assist (I think) for second goal
Dude transformed into a linebacker on that one. And man, did I love the physicality. We body up more on the front line and we could suddenly become something really special.

We're definitely showing some good fight regardless. I'm SO happy tonight.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Made it home from work 20 minutes ago. Watching highlights right now and wow did we have a ton of chances. Santi could have had a brace at half time. Atmosphere looked to be electric.
Second goal was amazing! Honestly all the right people scored. Going to Montreal with confidence.
Makes the win even sweeter after all the bitching from Miami.

Enjoyed the pre-game eats. Citi Field is a haul for me coming from the Heights, but I love the food of Queens and the vibe at Citi. I even heard some 234 cheers from nearby supporters.

Good performance. We wore them down and we're pretty clinical late in the match. We can also now say we were at Higuaín's last match. Maxi was terrific. How much longer will Santi and Gabi be with us?

Let's get Montréal. I am debating going up there.

sadly. santi's loan ends after this season. after the way he performs, i don't know how we don't pay for his permanent transfer.

Reactions: Kjbert

Atmosphere does seem much better. I think part of it is due to how the sound reverberates from the supporters section with some of the acoustics of those sections vs the bleachers at Yankee Stadium, but another part of it is the crowd does seem more jazzed. And maybe there's a bit of a snowball with that. If the supporters hear themselves as louder, they're more likely to be more pumped and more loud and if the rest of the crowd can hear them better they're more likely to participate too.

Atmosphere does seem much better. I think part of it is due to how the sound reverberates from the supporters section with some of the acoustics of those sections vs the bleachers at Yankee Stadium, but another part of it is the crowd does seem more jazzed. And maybe there's a bit of a snowball with that. If the supporters hear themselves as louder, they're more likely to be more pumped and more loud and if the rest of the crowd can hear them better they're more likely to participate too.
Does anyone else think it's worth reevaluating where the supporters section should be at Yankee Stadium?

Reactions: Kjbert and Vallos