MLS Cup Playoffs - October 17 - Miami (Home)

What are the little packets they sniff from 3:08 to 3:16?

no idea. they look like first aid ammonia packets maybe? but that doesn't seem very likely. or maybe it is some kind of sports inhalant for focus and energy?

1666217749360.jpg

What are the little packets they sniff from 3:08 to 3:16?
I've seen that before pre-game and pre-sub by players around the world. I always assumed it was something that helped maintain a clear airway but never actually looked into it.

Reactions: Kjbert
no idea. they look like first aid ammonia packets maybe? but that doesn't seem very likely. or maybe it is some kind of sports inhalant for focus and energy?
Ammonia came to my mind, but they don't react as if it's ammonia (or smelling salts Shwafta Shwafta) and I never heard of using it when rested and healthy before activity. I figure it's something like you and 4 413Blue suggested - some sort of focus , energy product. But I've never heard of or otherwise seen such a thing.

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
Ammonia came to my mind, but they don't react as if it's ammonia (or smelling salts Shwafta Shwafta) and I never heard of using it when rested and healthy before activity. I figure it's something like you and 4 413Blue suggested - some sort of focus , energy product. But I've never heard of or otherwise seen such a thing.
Looks like it's ammonia from a quick google search

Hockey players use it too, try to take a look when you go to one or two of your Ranger games this year. My friend played hockey and had them, so before one of our men's league games a few years back I tried them... they're definitely not something that's enjoyable. It's an immediate shock to the system, which is nice after getting over the initial smack of the ammonia/salts.

Probably gives some players the added confidence from some superhero shock, but I'm actually curious if there's any evidence behind a better performance vs. someone who doesn't use them.

I knew a guy who used to take packets of these to go bar hopping. He is a med student. When ever he was feeling tired he’d take a whiff and he was awake again. I sniffed it and thought I had burned out all of my nose hairs it hurt so badly. I don’t recommend