MLS Cup Playoffs - October 17 - Miami (Home)

Atmosphere does seem much better. I think part of it is due to how the sound reverberates from the supporters section with some of the acoustics of those sections vs the bleachers at Yankee Stadium, but another part of it is the crowd does seem more jazzed. And maybe there's a bit of a snowball with that. If the supporters hear themselves as louder, they're more likely to be more pumped and more loud and if the rest of the crowd can hear them better they're more likely to participate too.
The chants and singing definitely spread more from the SS at Citi. I chose 129 at YS because it’s close to the action and the SS, but it hasn’t been particularly animated since about 2018, even when it’s full. In 135 at Citi, it was rocking, despite being about as far from the SS as you can get.

Reactions: JayH and SoupInNYC
Atmosphere does seem much better. I think part of it is due to how the sound reverberates from the supporters section with some of the acoustics of those sections vs the bleachers at Yankee Stadium, but another part of it is the crowd does seem more jazzed. And maybe there's a bit of a snowball with that. If the supporters hear themselves as louder, they're more likely to be more pumped and more loud and if the rest of the crowd can hear them better they're more likely to participate too.
I have always had reservations about Citi, likely mostly due to my being a creature of habit (and Yankees fan as well) but I am all in on Citi/Queens. Agree that the logistics and layout are so much better - it allows a contagious electricity and for the chants to be much more collaborative beyond the supporter sections. If you were blindfolded last night, you could think that it was a packed SSS. And at least for me personally- the travel ended up being even better from Northern Westchester (under 40 min to and surprisingly 30 min home).

And it also gives me further reason to root against the Mets and enjoy the Yankees success without the minor reservation of Yankees winning being bad for us.

I just mentioned it in another thread, but I think the demographics we get at Citi Field has a major impact on the environment as well. As someone who works in and with the communities along the 7 line I can tell you they fit the "soccer crazy" narrative quite well which adds that extra juice to atmosphere the BX may be missing.

Miami had like 50 fans there. I guess the change of venue really messed with them…

wooo! What a win!!
I was super nervous throughout the entire jewish holiday but I had full confidence I'd come back online to a victory. Watched the whole game and have to say I'm very pleased with what I saw. Some really, really good link-up play there by the boys. Montreal will be very tough, but I think we'll give it our all. I can't wait!

So great to see Tinny back in this photo. He looks 100% and ready to rock these playoffs.

cclz7itcm8ohzmnsg862.jpg