MLS Cup Playoffs - October 17 - Miami (Home)

Ugh I don’t want to drive to NJ on a Monday night… Memo to myself. Do the dumb things I gotta do. Bring cash for parking.

Reactions: Kjbert
Anyone know what the drive is like to RBA from Westchester on a weeknight time and traffic-wise? Ugh
Getting there stinks, but not brutal. Leaving the stadium sucks.

I may have extra seats leaving Dobbs for a few fans.

Reactions: JayH
The Mets are eliminated, so Citi Field is now available.

NYCFC needs to do everything they can to move this game to Citi Field. No excuses. If Citi Field isn't available for whatever reason, they need to release a statement explaining why. If Citi Field is available, they need to move heaven and earth to move this game to Citi Field. It would be beyond a travesty, at this point, to play this game in New Jersey when one of your home stadiums is available.

The Mets are eliminated, so Citi Field is now available.

NYCFC needs to do everything they can to move this game to Citi Field. No excuses. If Citi Field isn't available for whatever reason, they need to release a statement explaining why. If Citi Field is available, they need to move heaven and earth to move this game to Citi Field. It would be beyond a travesty, at this point, to play this game in New Jersey when one of your home stadiums is available.
Construction is happening at Citi Field. It's a nonstarter.

Construction is happening at Citi Field. It's a nonstarter.

If that's true the team needs to release a clarification, because their statement from last week made it seem as if Citi Field was an option. That's what I'm saying - they made it seem in their initial statement that Citi Field would be an option. If it's not an option, that's fine -- it is what it is. But it needs to be made clear for the sake of the organization. Fans are already frustrated by this situation, at least be honest about it.

If that's true the team needs to release a clarification, because their statement from last week made it seem as if Citi Field was an option. That's what I'm saying - they made it seem in their initial statement that Citi Field would be an option. If it's not an option, that's fine -- it is what it is. But it needs to be made clear for the sake of the organization. Fans are already frustrated by this situation, at least be honest about it.
The statement said the priority would be 1. Yankee Stadium. 2. Citi Field. 3 Red Bull Arena. Not that all three venues are available, just their priority of where they'd want to host.

Anyone know what the drive is like to RBA from Westchester on a weeknight time and traffic-wise? Ugh

I did the Argentina match versus Jamaica. From Stamford it was 4:45 to 7:50 between the drive, the shit show around the stadium, finding parking, getting into the stadium, getting a beer and getting to my seats.

We won’t have as much attendance. But it’s not good

• Angry
Reactions: JayH
The statement said the priority would be 1. Yankee Stadium. 2. Citi Field. 3 Red Bull Arena. Not that all three venues are available, just their priority of where they'd want to host.
That's my point, though. That makes it seem as if Citi Field might be available. If this is wrong and it's not available, they should say so. Because there will now be lots of pressure to move this game to Citi Field.

An hour ago, it was still possible for the Mets to be in the playoffs, delaying whatever construction is pending. Obviously, it's possible for Citi to host us. Are we important enough for them to do it? Probably not, unless the checks were big enough

Reactions: ZYanksRule
An hour ago, it was still possible for the Mets to be in the playoffs, delaying whatever construction is pending. Obviously, it's possible for Citi to host us. Are we important enough for them to do it? Probably not, unless the checks were big enough

Yes, exactly. They have a timetable where they wait until November 5 to start whatever they were going to do. They can wait a week; they were expecting for this to be a much longer Mets run than it was.

Reactions: moogoo and Kjbert
I'll be SHOCKED if they move the game to Citi (even though they could and SHOULD). It's not going to happen and it'll just piss everyone off.

Sucks we have to be all in for this game at RBA if we want future tickets.

Would like them to make a commitment on where future games would be. That would get me to opt in or out

Since it's that Monday I can't go. Anyone want my two tickets so I don't have to opt out? They're $100, which I think is for both seats.

I may have missed it somewhere -- but any news on Magno and Gray?